Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG College Pick'em (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=475630)

antidan444 09-05-2007 02:34 PM

Re: POG College Pick\'em

Mind you, I consider "a lot" to be pretty substantial, like 4-5 touchdowns.

HerbieGRD 09-06-2007 09:39 AM

Picks

BC > NC State - 10
Penn State > Notre Dame - 9
Georgia > South Carolina - 8
Nebraska > Wake - 7
Oklahoma > Miami - 6
LSU > VT - 5
Michigan > Oregon - 4
Auburn > South Florida - 3
Texas > TCU - 2
Boise > Washington - 1

I almost put the Georgia game as my 10 but couldn't do it - that said I was really pleasantly surprised by how good they looked last week.

CPFB 09-06-2007 10:12 AM

my picks are in

don't remember what they are

it pained me to pick ou though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I didn't put Texas as my most confident pick. If I thought it would help them win, I'd do it in a heartbeat though.

fmxda 09-06-2007 10:38 AM

I changed my picks

clowntable 09-06-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my picks are in

don't remember what they are

it pained me to pick ou though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I didn't put Texas as my most confident pick. If I thought it would help them win, I'd do it in a heartbeat though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Texas' season might be over after that game. It's def. their toughest before October 6th

antidan444 09-06-2007 12:09 PM

Clown also thought Marshall would beat Miami in Miami. Funny guy, that clown. That's almost as bad as thinking Appalachian State had a prayer against Michi ... oh wait.

bravos1 09-06-2007 01:01 PM

Hmm.. so every weak I will pick at least one underdog, but I'm not sure I really like my underdog pick here.

But there is NO WAY IN HELL I pick OK over UM!!!

antidan444 09-06-2007 01:03 PM

I've never really understood the logic to picking upsets. Sure, there usually is 1-2 a week ... but I find it's always more likely that you miss on YOUR upset pick, plus you miss the upset that does happen, and then you lose twice instead of once.

I could be metagaming here ...

bravos1 09-06-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never really understood the logic to picking upsets. Sure, there usually is 1-2 a week ... but I find it's always more likely that you miss on YOUR upset pick, plus you miss the upset that does happen, and then you lose twice instead of once.

I could be metagaming here ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone just picked the favs, then it would just rely on the confidence factor.... and if everone just used the spread to determine that, this would be a boring exercise [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OK, maybe I won't "ALWAYS" pick an upset, but usually there are games that I feel will swing the other way... like my Ga Tech pick last week.

BTW, I want to kick myself for accidentally unpicking Mizzou when making my confidence order last week.

This would be more interesting/difficult if it was done vs the spread rather than straight up.

antidan444 09-06-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be more interesting/difficult if it was done vs the spread rather than straight up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think all-time I'm like 2 and 1,458 against the spread.