Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chris Ferguson Bankroll Challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469066)

LGs0pHT 08-09-2007 09:22 PM

Re: Chris Ferguson Bankroll Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
someone explain to me the term "short stacking"
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Morons who buy in with 20BB or less. Evertime they raise, you can basically only call (or raise) them with KK or AA because their range is so tight that if you elected to call or raise them with AK the best you would get would be a coinflip.

Whenever they raise, you have to fold small pocket pairs which you could have played for set value.

They usually double up and leave the table. However, if you aggressively attack their blinds by raising them every round, you crush their edge a little bit.

bryan4967 08-09-2007 09:50 PM

in regards to the 10K he is building on FT, Ferg has already stated that all will go to a specific charity. i just started this challenge, but on stars, i've won $1.20 in a freeroll tourney, and am currently grinding .02/.04 LHE. should be fun..

Farfenugen 08-09-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and am currently grinding .02/.04 LHE. should be fun..

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing the same thing. Its actually a lot of fun because the play is so absurdly bad.

jba 08-09-2007 10:06 PM

brag: my stars account was around ~70 in march and is now 9k

arvin 08-09-2007 10:43 PM

why not turn 10,000 into 10 million? I think that would turn some heads. it's all relative though.

stickdude 08-10-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not turn 10 million into 10,000? I think that would turn some heads. it's all relative though.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

MicroBob 08-10-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can basically only call (or raise) them with KK or AA because their range is so tight that if you elected to call or raise them with AK the best you would get would be a coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect for MANY short-stackers in many situations.
If you've been folding your AK to me and letting me steal or get heads-up with somebody else while I'm holding KQ or AJ then I want to thank you bunches and bunches.

MicroBob 08-10-2007 12:02 AM

I have grinded from $0.65 to $25 so far on my WSEX account.
Woo-hoo!!

Daliman 08-10-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone explain to me the term "short stacking"
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Morons who buy in with 20BB or less. Evertime they raise, you can basically only call (or raise) them with KK or AA because their range is so tight that if you elected to call or raise them with AK the best you would get would be a coinflip.

Whenever they raise, you have to fold small pocket pairs which you could have played for set value.

They usually double up and leave the table. However, if you aggressively attack their blinds by raising them every round, you crush their edge a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's thinking like this that helps makes them profitable.

xxx 08-10-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i never put 5% of my bankroll in any game i played......not even 2% and ive lost 90% of my bankroll in 6 months due to a bad swing. i agree with bennyamine and a few others in here......."u can do it too!!!" marketing ploy.

i remember dutch boyd talking about internet poker being the vehicle to success for third world poverty stricken kids. weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! poker is fun for everyone!!!!!! its so easy, u can strat with zero dollars and be the next sbrugby..........lol, good luck sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you just suck ...i've never had a swing for 6 months,and never will..

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out for karma . . .