Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   ATF Chatroom (O/T) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429905)

nath 06-18-2007 06:20 PM

Re: ATF Chatroom (O/T)

On the topic of Mexican food, my favorite place in the world is Chipaultepec in Houston. Small, cheap, 24-hour place, the food is decent, but the margaritas are fantastic. Huge selection of tequilas and whatnot.

As far as "Ping Pang Pong" goes, when my assistant said "let's go to Ping Pang Pong" I called her a racist. Oops.

MEbenhoe 06-18-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its really bizarre that not only does ATF have a community thread, but it seems to be getting good traffic. And yes, I'm aware that I posted here earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATF4L forum?

El Diablo 06-18-2007 06:31 PM

tug,

"Yeah, hating on PF Chang's is like a rich man's version of hating on fast food joints in an OOT thread."

No, not at all. The problem with PF Chang's is that not only is it not very good, it is also relatively expensive! Most places you can find Chinese food that is better AND cheaper.

tuq 06-18-2007 06:40 PM

El D,

It's worth noting that the quality of most ethnic restaurants seems to be inversely proportional to both cost AND location. At least here in Phoenix, the best Mexican food is generally not only dirt cheap but in really shady parts of town (one example for the locals although not very cheap these days is Los Dos Molinos...rich Phoenicians take their lives and Lexuses into their hands rolling through the barrio to get to that place). Also, in LA I would bet that Koreatown has good ethnic food but I hear it's a shady area, etc.

So I'm not surprised that the mass-produced upscale Chang's isn't to your liking. I get a little defensive about them though because originated here in town before they went on to cookie-cutting locations all over the country (the initals stand for Paul Fleming, noted restaurateur who was also behind Fleming's steakhouse and other ideas).

Suigin406 06-18-2007 06:52 PM

tuq the phoenician is right...

in nyc, chinatown has solid chinese food, much better than the fairly expensive chinese resturants in queens or on the island...same definitely applies to indian and mongolian food i've noticed, imo...

By-Tor 06-18-2007 06:56 PM

Xiao's House of Thinman has the best chinese food in town...

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 06-18-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob,

In my world, chimichangas >>>>>>>>>>> tacos > burritos. Just my preference. Never have been a burrito guy for some reason, but fry that bitch up and put a bunch of fatty stuff on it and I'm there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can, and have, lived on taco bell tacos for a week or more. beef only, hardshell of course.

2 fire sauce per taco. taco shell must be completely intact and not soaked with any sort of grease when eating. basically, you have to eat them within 5 minutes of purchase.

make then supremes, and i'll be in heaven.

hmm, no wonder i needed a bypass.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/ill.gif

offTopic 06-18-2007 07:57 PM

Masked Man, tug,

Oriental Garden on Indian Bend in Scottsdale FTW.

The food is mediocre to bad, but (a) they were open on Christmas Eve, and (b) the name of the restaurant is misspelled on the plates, but they obviously said "Eff it, we're going with what we got!" Good times.

Troll_Inc 06-18-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've been asking for it. Now we've got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We?

I! The Royal 'we!' You know, the editorial...

mason55 06-18-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq the phoenician is right...

in nyc, chinatown has solid chinese food, much better than the fairly expensive chinese resturants in queens or on the island...same definitely applies to indian and mongolian food i've noticed, imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

at least chinatown isn't dangerous though.

everytime i go to little mongolia i worry about machete wielding dudes on horseback.