Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   hate aces (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320558)

Josh. 02-01-2007 12:57 PM

Re: hate aces

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RBK said that since OP was a solid player that we could easily bluff him off AA by shoving the river. Hes an awesome coach. Normally I would just check fold. But bluffing out aces is way better

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason this looks sarcastic to me

if you really were bluffing then your timing was great. if you think 5 seconds and shove, i would've called. i figured you'd have to think about what to do with AK before shoving. bluffing makes more sense to me than value betting though i guess some people can have KJ and pay off

but i guess it doesn't matter what you do since i'm unlikely to be floating the flop, checking the turn, and bluffing the river. so might as well try to push me off a chop or AA if villain is super weak-tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was definitely joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

laaaaaaaaaugh it up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

danzasmack 02-01-2007 01:21 PM

I don't really post around here at all but the river insta-shove is interesting. I think it's a good fold when you consider the pot size and the villain's stack. Looks to me like one of those "i'm trying to make you fold or that's what i want you to think" shoves.

The only thing I wonder is the range of hands you value bet on the river here, which would make checking better than shoving from the villains POV.

I dunno I'm very much in the "under-repping" your hand camp but what is your range when you call the flop? Are you really peeling with JJ? The worst hand he can hope to be squeezing value from is AQ, by trying to get you to "snap a bluff".

fslexcduck 02-01-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RBK said that since OP was a solid player that we could easily bluff him off AA by shoving the river. Hes an awesome coach. Normally I would just check fold. But bluffing out aces is way better

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason this looks sarcastic to me

if you really were bluffing then your timing was great. if you think 5 seconds and shove, i would've called. i figured you'd have to think about what to do with AK before shoving. bluffing makes more sense to me than value betting though i guess some people can have KJ and pay off

but i guess it doesn't matter what you do since i'm unlikely to be floating the flop, checking the turn, and bluffing the river. so might as well try to push me off a chop or AA if villain is super weak-tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was definitely joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO IT WAS KK!!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

so it was AK and the river was a value shove. i did a double take when i saw the fold and had to make sure the river had actually paired the board as i thought i first read.