Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Real World DENVER : Premiere (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266456)

Stellastarr 12-02-2006 04:05 AM

Re: Real World DENVER : Premiere

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my grades on mtv shows ...

Tiara Girls- 1
Made- 2
Sweet 16- 0
Laguna Beach- 4
Real World- 5
Challenge- 8
Rob & Big- 6
Next- 1
Pimp My Ride- 3
True Life- 5

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed Beauty & the Geek - 10

[/ QUOTE ]

HELL YA! That show rocks.

edfurlong 12-02-2006 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You missed Beauty & the Geek - 10

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that show hits a little too close to home for me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MattSuspect 12-02-2006 04:30 AM

Just caught up, Denver will be best RW since Vegas. I've already said "Awesome" out loud, 4 times, and had to put a pillow over my face twice because some of the [censored] was so cringe worthy. This is a good sign.

"I live to make out with girls"

hahahhahahaha

surfinillini 12-02-2006 01:19 PM

one growing trend with RR that has seemed to make it really WEAK lately is the trend of the anti-social nature of the housemates...

not with each other, but with the outside world. Remember the first 1/2 of real worlds where people would go out and seek friendships and relationships with locals rather than limiting their interaction to 6 other people.

if they had more outside friends I think the show would make for more interesting television.

and that scene in the premiere in the bar, it was like the 7 of them by themselves dancing like gay people and not talking to anyone else, it seemed almost staged or something

Patrick del Poker Grande 12-02-2006 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one growing trend with RR that has seemed to make it really WEAK lately is the trend of the anti-social nature of the housemates...

not with each other, but with the outside world. Remember the first 1/2 of real worlds where people would go out and seek friendships and relationships with locals rather than limiting their interaction to 6 other people.

if they had more outside friends I think the show would make for more interesting television.

and that scene in the premiere in the bar, it was like the 7 of them by themselves dancing like gay people and not talking to anyone else, it seemed almost staged or something

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've ever lived in the city they're in while they're filming, you'd understand what drives this. I lived in San Diego when they were filming there and now I live in Denver. People are just stupid when it comes to interacting with the Real World cast. They either want to fight them, [censored] them, or they make it their life's goal to get into the hot tub. And that's without mentioning the idiots who just want to do stupid [censored] and get on tv. It's to the point where they really can't have any interaction with the general public because the general public is so unruly.

MattSuspect 12-02-2006 04:05 PM

Im watching Rob and Big right now, really entertaining. Big is the [censored].

holyfield5 12-02-2006 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq 12-02-2006 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've ever lived in the city they're in while they're filming, you'd understand what drives this. I lived in San Diego when they were filming there and now I live in Denver. People are just stupid when it comes to interacting with the Real World cast. They either want to fight them, [censored] them, or they make it their life's goal to get into the hot tub. And that's without mentioning the idiots who just want to do stupid [censored] and get on tv. It's to the point where they really can't have any interaction with the general public because the general public is so unruly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, this is so true. But part of the problem is the cast: the first couple seasons people DID STUFF instead of party 24/7. The last couple of seasons I saw the footage was either of the house, the hot tub, or some bar.

If they'd stop casting 21 YO lushes maybe this wouldn't be as big an issue but yeah, drunk idiots + cameras + testosterone = problems.

Patrick del Poker Grande 12-02-2006 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
All I've seen of that show is the one segment with the skateboarding bulldog. That dog is [censored] awesome.

It seems like this could be a decent show, but could run out of material real fast. Am I wrong?

LifetimeLoser77 12-02-2006 05:08 PM

i think rob and big are just 2 random idiots, but maybe i'm missing the point somehow. At least the real world has hot chicks and gangsta vs. gay fights