Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   ugly hand vs Justin A Bellagio 30/60 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256189)

Justin A 11-14-2006 08:20 AM

Re: ugly hand vs Justin A Bellagio 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
"I still automuck those against players I perceive to be tight raisers."

yeah but do you automuck TT and JJ like incredidibly good players like me have started to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but today I folded KJo UTG. Baby steps.

Justin A 11-14-2006 08:25 AM

All,

I should have pointed this out way earlier, but his UTG raise in this hand was only eight handed. I'm certain of this because I was in the 1 seat and bugstud was in the 6 seat. I think it changes things quite a bit because I'm well aware that he's capable of raising hands like QJs, A7s, and ATo in this spot. I could be wrong but that was my read at the time based on a very short time period. Earlier he showed down A5s that he had raised from somewhere in MP.

bugstud 11-14-2006 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I should have pointed this out way earlier, but his UTG raise in this hand was only eight handed. I'm certain of this because I was in the 1 seat and bugstud was in the 6 seat. I think it changes things quite a bit because I'm well aware that he's capable of raising hands like QJs, A7s, and ATo in this spot. I could be wrong but that was my read at the time based on a very short time period. Earlier he showed down A5s that he had raised from somewhere in MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that one was opening when CO posted and I was 2 in front of that.

but yeah, I dunno. Def was 8 handed but the guys on my left are bad and I should limp some of that range.

bugstud 11-14-2006 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Then he knows you to be a solid pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I presume too much?

pim

[/ QUOTE ]

probably

Justin A 11-14-2006 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that one was opening when CO posted and I was 2 in front of that.

but yeah, I dunno. Def was 8 handed but the guys on my left are bad and I should limp some of that range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yeah I remember now. A poster behind you should make you raise less, not more, so I extrapolated from that.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2006 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Then he knows you to be a solid pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I presume too much?

pim

[/ QUOTE ]

probably

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I didn't post that "zing". I posted it in my head, but I guess I forgot to type it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

mike l. 11-14-2006 09:31 AM

"do you ever muck JJ face up ("accidentally")? that would be extremely awesome."

gabe has accused me of doing that recently. i folded AQ the day on an Axxx board when the turn was c/red and it accidentally (really) flipped up and he thought i was doing some new vegass nit weak tight showoff thing since that's how i play now.

honker 11-14-2006 03:55 PM

brilliant!!!!!

Joe Tall 11-14-2006 04:25 PM

If Justin lit a firecracker in my hand on the river and I lost fingers, I still wouldn't fold.

moneyshot 11-18-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn. Justin won't 3-bet a worse hand, so you can get away from it then, but he may certainly call you down with A-high. And if you get him to fold hands with 6 outs then that's good too. I don't mind the flop c/c. But raise that turn.

(And don't fold the river -- I've only played with Justin a couple times but I would always see a showdown with an overpair when I got there as cheaply as you did).

[/ QUOTE ]