Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   $200R AJ vs Colson (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518248)

Bond18 10-09-2007 11:34 PM

Re: $200R AJ vs Colson

[ QUOTE ]
I like calling and check folding this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. With AQ i'm fine 3 betting and getting it in pre.

KingDan 10-10-2007 12:07 AM

i agree calling is best but i dont think 3betting here is bad or anything especially if you have a retarded-aggro image

KUSH 10-10-2007 01:42 AM

I call all day here preflop vs carl with the intention of doing something saucy postflop

ZJ123 10-10-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call all day here preflop vs carl with the intention of doing something saucy postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

colson10 10-10-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Colson is better then all of us combined fold PF he will own your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only post I've read in this whole thread that I agree with.

betgo 10-10-2007 11:58 AM

That's why I think an overbet push is the best play against villain. It is unexploitably atleast +1500 chips EV. You'll just get into trouble flat calling.

Against a random, I would flat call for the same reason, looking for an advantage postflop. However, in general, I think it is close between flat call and reraise/call.

curtains 10-10-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's why I think an overbet push is the best play against villain. It is unexploitably atleast +1500 chips EV. You'll just get into trouble flat calling.

Against a random, I would flat call for the same reason, looking for an advantage postflop. However, in general, I think it is close between flat call and reraise/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its really +1500 chips in EV, its a super duper obvious allin preflop, and nothing else is worth even discussing. Note that I said "if" this is true, I hadn't done any math, but zero chance in hell that calling out of position with AJ against a good player with deep stacked is going to be more +EV than that.

adanthar 10-10-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If its really +1500 chips in EV, its a super duper obvious allin preflop, and nothing else is worth even discussing. Note that I said "if" this is true, I hadn't done any math, but zero chance in hell that calling out of position with AJ against a good player with deep stacked is going to be more +EV than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like 90% sure that calling and then check shoving any flop you hit is > 1500 cEV

betgo 10-10-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like 90% sure that calling and then check shoving any flop you hit is > 1500 cEV

[/ QUOTE ]
You only hit like 35% of the flops, and you don't win all of those if you checkraise. Don't think this is a really effective way of playing a big ace. This is a much better approach with a mid to high suited connector, where you hit a lot more flops. Hard to calculate, but I doubt it is +1500 EV.

gobboboy 10-10-2007 02:31 PM

Your shove can definitely get called when you're ahead, betgo, and every time he calls and is behind it's massively +EV for you.