Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** -Sweet Sixteen (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551736)

Arito 11-23-2007 12:16 PM

Re: **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** -Sweet Sixteen

Were Zelda II or Battle of Olympus ever in the race?

Ah I see Zelda II lost to whatever the hell Tecmo Bowl is. Zelda II is SUCH an underrated game hated by people that fear change.

Dilznoofus 11-23-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were Zelda II or Battle of Olympus ever in the race?

Ah I see Zelda II lost to whatever the hell Tecmo Bowl is. Zelda II is SUCH an underrated game hated by people that fear change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved Zelda II, but Tecmo Bowl was an awesome game. I didn't vote on that one because I couldn't stand to knock out either one.

Jack Bando 11-23-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I always found princess to be dominant.

I meant not a true Mario game in the sense that after the strong demand for Mario 1, creators were scrambling for a Mario 2. They were nowhere near a final product, so they re-made another game recently released in Japan called Doki Doki Panic and changed the characters to Mario Bros. characters. Not sure if this is common knowledge since I barely play video games and know it, but I always found it pretty interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Japan's SMB2 came out 2 years before USA's SMB2. They thought the Japan SMB2 was too hard/similar to SMB1, so they remade a Japan game Doki Doki Panic.

JMa 11-23-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I always found princess to be dominant.

I meant not a true Mario game in the sense that after the strong demand for Mario 1, creators were scrambling for a Mario 2. They were nowhere near a final product, so they re-made another game recently released in Japan called Doki Doki Panic and changed the characters to Mario Bros. characters. Not sure if this is common knowledge since I barely play video games and know it, but I always found it pretty interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Japan's SMB2 came out 2 years before USA's SMB2. They thought the Japan SMB2 was too hard/similar to SMB1, so they remade a Japan game Doki Doki Panic.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct.

after playing smb: the lost levels i think it was a pretty good decision...its just too hard and too similar to smb.

Gobias Ind. 11-23-2007 12:40 PM

Vote Double Dragon II!!!!

catalyst 11-23-2007 12:45 PM

how is SMBII beating out DDII, that's a joke. SMB III should take this down in a landslide.

kurosh 11-23-2007 01:46 PM

Tecmo Super Bowl over FF? Some [censored] ass football game over THE ORIGINAL RPG? WTF

Anzat 11-23-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tecmo Super Bowl over FF? Some [censored] ass football game over THE ORIGINAL RPG? WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Both awesome games, FF got a tough 2v3 draw.

Triumph36 11-23-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dragon warrior says hi

gumpzilla 11-23-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dragon warrior says hi

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stop there? Looking around on Wikipedia, it seems to me that Ultima:Exodus was ported to the NES in '87; Dragon Warrior was released in '89. Not sure when Wizardry and Quest of the Avatar were ported, but those are definitely older, too.