Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thank you BCS! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297399)

Austiger 01-05-2007 03:15 PM

Re: Thank you BCS!

[ QUOTE ]
CSC, how can you put Wisconsin ahead of Michigan?

here is my ratings right now:

1. Ohio State
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. SC
5. Louisville
6. Michigan
7. Boise State
8. Wisconsin

edit: even if Florida loses, I have trouble dropping them as long as it is a close game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Auburn beat 2 of your top 3. I wonder if that's ever happened other than national champs.

CardSharpCook 01-05-2007 08:07 PM

It is simple. Wisconsin lost one game, Michigan lost two. True, the one game Wisconsin lost was against Michigan, but so what? Additionally, can you really keep Michigan in the top five after their flat offensive performance and inept defense vs. a not-great USC team that lost to 2 mediocore teams and should have lost to two more (the Washington schools)? As a Big10 fan, you've undoubtedly seen more Michigan and Wisconsin games than I have this year so maybe Michigan really is better than they appeared (before the game I thought they'd blow USC out). But the simple matter is, no matter how good you may think they are, they lost more games than five teams and lost their final game. It is this kind of logic that allows ND to get into a BCS game with a weak 10-2 record. How strong is a Michigan team who's big wins were against Wisconsin and ND?

LSU at #2? Sure, they looked strong against ND, but which top ten team wouldn't blow out ND? I can't keep them above a one loss Wisconsin team. To me, the question iswhich is the stronger team, Louisville or Wisconsin, and its close. USC, Michigan, LSU, Oklahoma, all looked very good this year and any one of those teams COULD have been #1 given a few more breaks, or a few less bad breaks.

I think all of us, voters included, suffer from giving dominant programs too much respect.

MyTurn2Raise 01-05-2007 09:41 PM

I definitely don't suffer from giving dominant programs too much respect

All you are doing is rewarding Wisconsin for an easy schedule. They played one top team, Michigan, and were found wanting.

Michigan played tOSU and SC, one somewhat competitively on the road and the other a blowout in the 2nd half. But, is that 13 point loss to SC enough to push them behind a team that they beat by 14 during the season.

Michigan must be above Wisconsin from the 30k foot view.

TomCollins 01-05-2007 09:55 PM

Why don't you have Boise St. as #2, after all, they have ZERO losses!!!! OMG Win-loss record pwns all other measures!

Lottery Larry 01-05-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest gripe is how the BCS has rendered every other bowl game meaningless in the national championship picture.

[/ QUOTE ]
MY biggest gripe is that there are now SO many bowls (30?!?) that they are ALL devalued. At this point, who CARES about Monday's game? And what little you do care, you care not a WHIT about everything up until then... which is too bad.

Lottery Larry 01-05-2007 11:47 PM

"Then, she had the audacity to look me in the grill and ask how many points were left in my hand, as if the game were in doubt. Right in front of my girlfriend. And to think my mama claims to love me.

So imagine how I beamed when her beloved Sooners were taken down on the last play of the game on a Statue of Liberty play, which prompted her to turn off the TV in disgust. God don't like ugly, now does he"

Classic! :P

oneeye13 01-06-2007 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did it legitimize the game? Has the game happened yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their logic is that Michigan losing proved Florida was the right choice. Kind of like in hoops when a team loses in the NIT it 'proves' they didn't belong in the NCAA tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it just proved that both teams would beat florida and ohio state on a neutral field

MCS 01-06-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, who CARES about Monday's game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I care a whole lot. Dude, it's for the national title! It's a big deal regardless of how many editions of the Sunflower Bowl Presented By TwoPlusTwo Publishing there have been.