Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   PSA: Walking out of Costco/Sam's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283637)

goofball 02-10-2007 07:04 PM

Re: PSA: Walking out of Costco/Sam\'s

FYI I did this at Wal-mart today and the recipt checker abandoned his post to come out and write down my license plate number. God knows how many dozens of people walked out of the store without getting their recipts checked while he was doing that. It must have been quite a hike for him too.

grando 02-10-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI I did this at Wal-mart today and the recipt checker abandoned his post to come out and write down my license plate number. God knows how many dozens of people walked out of the store without getting their recipts checked while he was doing that. It must have been quite a hike for him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the hell would he do that? they can't do anything

man people are nits

leehrat 02-10-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for Metetron i'll state my qualifactions, which was 1 year at Costco doing this job.

If this happpened i would def. ask them when they tried to pass to stop and if they didn't i would follow and ask again, no way this would save you anytime. No trainning to not do this was given.

Then again, i guess this is England in which if someone passed you like that there's no way you'd think they are just being rude and wanted to get out that 45 seconds quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i would just keep walking, get in my car, and leave.

TheMetetron 02-10-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why the hell would he do that? they can't do anything

man people are nits

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is an idiot. Hope the store manager doesn't find out. How can you screw up a crappy Wal-Mart job?

Freakin 02-10-2007 09:12 PM

Here is a thread from arstechnica abouta guy who skipped the line at bestbuy, was accused of stealing by an overzealous receipt checker (and later a manager).

He returned the item while loudly complaining about their accusation of theft. he then cancelled his BB card and never shops there anymore.

if there is a wait then I'd rather not sit in it at a place like bestbuy, but I always wait in line at costco (generally because I couldn't fit my cart past the other people in line anyways)

BCPVP 02-10-2007 09:25 PM

Weird, I'm reading the same thread on that site now. I also saw that while you can get away with this stuff at places like WalMart and Bestbuy, they can yank your membership at Costco and Sam's Club because you've agreed to the searches when you signed up.

Blarg 02-10-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the line is really long, I'll just walk out next time and see what happens. Sounds fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought about this kind of thing before, but this thread is making me ornery. I haven't really had to wait long before; what bugs me is if they make you start to scramble to point out individual items.

Maybe I'll just brush on past, next time, instead of wasting my time or feeling as if the burden is on me to prove I'm not a crook.

gusmahler 02-10-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a thread from arstechnica abouta guy who skipped the line at bestbuy, was accused of stealing by an overzealous receipt checker (and later a manager).

He returned the item while loudly complaining about their accusation of theft. he then cancelled his BB card and never shops there anymore.

if there is a wait then I'd rather not sit in it at a place like bestbuy, but I always wait in line at costco (generally because I couldn't fit my cart past the other people in line anyways)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude's an idiot. He waited in lines for over an hour to buy the thing. Spent another couple minutes arguing with the guys in the parking lot. Then spent another 15 minutes complaining about it and returning it. Then he spend another 10 minutes calling corporate and posting about it on the internet.

All because he didn't want to wait in a 30 second line at the door (I've never seen the receipt check line last longer than that at BB, though I have at Costco).

chopstick 02-10-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weird, I'm reading the same thread on that site now. I also saw that while you can get away with this stuff at places like WalMart and Bestbuy, they can yank your membership at Costco and Sam's Club because you've agreed to the searches when you signed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

How are they going to yank your membership? How do they know who you are? Don't worry about it.

zPro 02-11-2007 12:36 AM

Video of a semi-successful attempt.
Costco