Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official argue about all things Barry Bonds GOAT thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537322)

manbearpig 11-03-2007 07:03 PM

Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your desire to have an "argument" over differing opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Seriously man? What is the point of ever having a conversation then?

manbearpig 11-03-2007 07:08 PM

From the other thread:

[ QUOTE ]
"PED" means different things to different people...let's nail down what we mean here, and then I'm happy to answer....but not before that, as you're propensity to run amok with false assertions makes me cautious.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I nailed down what I meant, I told you I don't care if you think it is cheating or not, I reposted it multiple times for you to answer, and still no answer.

So are you a liar? You told me that you would be happy to answer. That is a fact. And we all know you only deal in facts. So what is it going to be?

manbearpig 11-03-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, WTF does it matter how RedBean would weight the percentage of Bonds having used steroids? Jesus Christ. Even if RB thinks he used PEDs a majority of the time, it doesn't matter because it wasn't a punishable offense by MLB. STFU about it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because he is the singular person here that is willing to go to great lengths to defend BB. And if he admits that it is probable that BB at some point took PED's then that moves the conversation in a completely different direction.

And it does matter if he took them, punishable or not. He is the holder of the most holy record in sports and is arguably the GOAT. His legacy will largely be determined by the resolution/non resolution of his alleged PED use.

Oh, and also, don't click on the thread? Would that help?

RedBean 11-03-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand your desire to have an "argument" over differing opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Seriously man? What is the point of ever having a conversation then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but I have had millions of conversations that I wouldn't call "arguments".

RedBean 11-03-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the other thread:

[ QUOTE ]
"PED" means different things to different people...let's nail down what we mean here, and then I'm happy to answer....but not before that, as you're propensity to run amok with false assertions makes me cautious.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I nailed down what I meant, I told you I don't care if you think it is cheating or not, I reposted it multiple times for you to answer, and still no answer.

So are you a liar? You told me that you would be happy to answer. That is a fact. And we all know you only deal in facts. So what is it going to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, now I am a "liar" because I haven't answered your questions to your satisfaction.

Nevermind that I answered it, and you just weren't happy with the answer you got.

I mean, seriously.

First, my opinion was 'wrong'....now my opinion is a 'lie'.

Does it surprise you that I have preferred sticking to the facts, considering that when I do offer an opinion, this is how people react.

Sweet...

BigSoonerFan 11-03-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I think many people who read this thread want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may matter to those who disregard the rules of the sport as written and choose instead to impose their own made-up based on their own preferences.

But, I'm not one of those people, so I can't help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Bonds took steroids or not? Simple question. The answer is yes or no. It isn't a leading question. It's a simple question of opinion.

RedBean 11-03-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if he admits that it is probable that BB at some point took PED's then that moves the conversation in a completely different direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

What direction would that be?

Lemme guess....that you think PED use is cheating?

We can go ahead and skip to that step if you prefer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

And it does matter if he took them, punishable or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It matters if he violates the baseball policy, which he didn't.

It only matters to *you* whether he took PEDs, because you think any and all PED use is against the rules and cheating, when it clearly isn't.

RedBean 11-03-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Bonds took steroids or not? Simple question. The answer is yes or no. It isn't a leading question. It's a simple question of opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he took any illegal steroids in violation of baseball rules.

bottomset 11-03-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because he is the singular person here that is willing to go to great lengths to defend BB

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not the only one, its just he's so good at it, the rest just let him take care of business

manbearpig 11-03-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nevermind that I answered it, and you just weren't happy with the answer you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please point out where you answered this:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

What percentage chance do you assign to a random player from the years 1996 to 2003 of ever using a PED?

What percentage chance do you assign Barry Bonds from the years 1996 to 2003 of ever using a PED?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you referring to when you mean PED?

Are we talking illegal PED's? Non-prescription?

Are we talking over the counter ones?

Are we talking purely illegal steroids?

Or are we talking anything that can be classified as a PED?

Narrow it down here, as you've been known to shift the goalpoasts on the definition of what you originally ask once you get an answer, and then twist it into something that isn't applicable. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any substance that has been deemed illegal to buy/sell without the proper prescription, or a substance that is performance enhancing ands illegal in any sense, prescription or not.

That work?

[/ QUOTE ]