Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Average Speed XVII Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464155)

DustinG 08-07-2007 11:45 AM

Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
dustin, you think a wolf bothers to dig up that point about lastchance being on gts list?

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried to find a turbo Supine played in where he was evil and I couldn't.

I dont know what Supine is capable of. I would be impressed if he was evil- and he probably isn't- but i dont want to clear him.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dustin, you think a wolf bothers to dig up that point about lastchance being on gts list?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what Supine is capable of. I would be impressed if he was evil- and he probably isn't- but i dont want to clear him.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt say wolf supine, i said a wolf. any wolf. thats a fairly obscure point to bring up, and it was a very good point. wolves dont often, if ever, dig up stuff like that to try to concretely clear villagers.

DustinG 08-07-2007 11:50 AM

its probably Fish/Fnord

for the reasons Scott giving

DustinG 08-07-2007 11:54 AM

thats what I'm going with

Fish/Fnord + one of Scott/Supine which you guys can have fun figuring out in the final 3 (though they'd probably clear each other and lynch Fmx which I think would be bad)

fish

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:03 PM

actually, since Fish thinks Fnord is evil, I'll make him vote Fnord today (don't clear fish for this if fnord is evil)

fnord

theSmell 08-07-2007 12:10 PM

[0] bojtun
[0] DustinG voted for fnord_too
[0] fishmonger voted for fmxda
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too </font>
[0] ScottHoward v3.1
[0] Supine

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
[b] Majority Lynch = 4

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:13 PM

also, win or lose, I'm happy with most of the lynches up till this point (we could have probably not lynched VR)- but I would not want Nich, Clown, or Bravos in the game right now.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt say wolf supine, i said a wolf. any wolf. thats a fairly obscure point to bring up, and it was a very good point. wolves dont often, if ever, dig up stuff like that to try to concretely clear villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I thought he pulled it up to incriminate someone. Let me go back and get it now....

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I thought he pulled it up to incriminate someone. Let me go back and get it now....

[/ QUOTE ]
no, he said he doubted gt "would put 2 wolves on his wolf list so lastchance was probably village"(paraphrasing)

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:24 PM

Scott,

thoughts on Fnord/Fish today?

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 12:29 PM

i have some thoughts, but im waiting for nutjob to show up
i want to get his immediate reaction

Supine 08-07-2007 12:31 PM

I have a hard time believing wolves would switch from clown to fish like that last night.

I see no choice but to go fish and fnord. I cannot find anything which incriminates dustin, boj or scott, and I haven't all game.

fish

For now. If anyone wants to ask me anything please to do asap, I'm leaving shortly and prob won't be back until 7 pm.

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time believing wolves would switch from clown to fish like that last night.

[/ QUOTE ]
nutjob, clown and lastchance voted fish. we already know clown and lastchance are village. im not sure what you are trying to say?

Supine 08-07-2007 12:40 PM

sry, thought dustin did aswell

ScottHoward v3.1 08-07-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sry, thought dustin did aswell

[/ QUOTE ]
no, dustin was against the fish votes

fnord_too 08-07-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wolfia:

luckay
LC
monk

village:
nez
clown

-fmxda gets temporarily removed from my wolf list for an extremely sound post though I reserve the right to flipflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this list from gt1t probably doesnt include 2 wolves in the wolf list, while hopefully contains one 1 wolf in the villager list.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok I found it.

I don't think this clears him. It is +villager points, but supine's posting is almost all from this past weekend on, so if he is a wolf who utr'd after early heat, then came back strong in the end game after a lot of the heat dispersed, I think he is capable of making this post.

I mean lets face it, whoever the last two wolves are they have given off enough villager vibes to make it this far and still have the village basically clueless.

At this point, I think I would go fmx first, because UTR is the easiest way to avoid heat. I don't know why he hasn't posted since friday, but I don't think he intentionally does that in either role. What would be uber hot is if Smell agreed to mod kill him as the wolf kill tonight, but I doubt he would since that shafts the wolves in either case.

Supine 08-07-2007 12:44 PM

point is there must be at least 1 wolf vote on clowntable and I'll rip my pubic hair if it's dustin. If fmxda is a wolf I consider it kind of bad taste, and you are simply a very unlikely wolf taking all days into account. Of course there is a possibility wolves split their votes between fish and clown, but the probability of this should be far less than the wolfteam of fish/fnord.

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:47 PM

can we not ignore all the arguments I've made about Fmx being a villager?

Supine 08-07-2007 12:48 PM

Fnord,

You don't really make a case for me being a wolf as much as you try to unclear me as a villager. As a wolf this would be a good strategy seeing as you're likely next on the chopping block and will have to try to create another viable vote. Fortunately, you are unlikely to succeed.

Please give your thought on fishmonger. I find it interesting that you don't even mention the person who is the most likely lynch along with yourself.

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll rip my pubic hair if it's dustin.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how I feel about Bojtun, less so about Fmx

Supine 08-07-2007 12:49 PM

I feel good about fnord/fish.

Supine 08-07-2007 12:52 PM

I seriously need to leave. bbl.

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel good about fnord/fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I think I feel that you as a first time long game wolf, don't make a lot of the posts you've made

so if it comes down to it, lynch Scott

Fnord/Fish/Scott ftw

fnord_too 08-07-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fnord,

You don't really make a case for me being a wolf as much as you try to unclear me as a villager. As a wolf this would be a good strategy seeing as you're likely next on the chopping block and will have to try to create another viable vote. Fortunately, you are unlikely to succeed.

Please give your thought on fishmonger. I find it interesting that you don't even mention the person who is the most likely lynch along with yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have already talked about fish a lot. I said that if clown was wolf I thought the chances fish was wolf went way up. I said if clown was village the chances fish was village went up. I don't think he would push clown all game as a wolf, but as I noted, whoever the wolves are they are doing a pretty good job of not giving themselves away so who the hell knows.

I have tried to clear people but I can't. There is no one who is clear. Empirically, we are still friggin clueless one miss from must lynch.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 12:57 PM

dustin, I am pretty sure that order loses.

DustinG 08-07-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im willing to entertain you

come up with 4 villagers- including yourself of course

theSmell 08-07-2007 01:03 PM

[0] bojtun
[0] DustinG voted for fnord_too
<font color="red"> [1] fishmonger voted for fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fmxda </font>
<font color="red"> [1] fnord_too </font>
[0] ScottHoward v3.1
[0] Supine voted for fishmonger

<font color="green"> 10:00 No good </font>
[b] Majority Lynch = 4

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post scares me. A lot.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:05 PM

fmx

if the wolves had any self respect they would have eaten him if he was village.

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you find it wolfy or the thought of finding 4 villagers terrifies you?

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:07 PM

Fnord,

if you refuse to address my arguments for why Fmx is a villager then i have no choice to conclude you're evil.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you find it wolfy or the thought of finding 4 villagers terrifies you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it scary that if four people all agree they are mutually clear they roll, because I think it is easier for a wolf to slip in to the clique than to clear 4 people.

Again, clearing villagers just isn't working here. I have thoughts on why for the postmortem, but they don't contribute anything to the task at hand.

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fnord,

if you refuse to address my arguments for why Fmx is a villager then i have no choice to conclude you're evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Restate them. If they are based on interactions with GT or Luckay, I almost certainly not going to give him a clean bill of health. Conclude I am evil all you want, you are wrong but I would have to be stupid to think it was obvious.

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fnord,

[/ QUOTE ]

Restate them. If they are based on interactions with GT or Luckay, I almost certainly not going to give him a clean bill of health. Conclude I am evil all you want, you are wrong but I would have to be stupid to think it was obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

not just GT and Luckay, but also Kbar, who started pushing Fmx after Fmx had made one post

GT1T votes him when hes a competing wagon to Kbar, and then Luckay shows up and looks like crap trying to derail Kbar when Fmx was still an easy option.

None of that fits with Fmx being evil.

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:17 PM

Fish,

since you think its Fmx/Fnord, I think you're better off voting Fnord today. Thoughts?

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:21 PM

If I get time I will reread that stuff, but a wolf pushing for someone after one post is far from an endorsement of that someone's villagerness.

Same with the GT thing. Judging from your post, kbar and gt were dueling wagons, and GT goes and pushes for fmx? How does that tell you anything? I need to go back and look at those wagons, because I am not quite sure I understand what you are describing. are these wagons' that scott or someone already summarized in a single post?

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:23 PM

GT1T was never a D1 wagon.

But fmx and Kbar were

DustinG 08-07-2007 01:24 PM

also, your argument for why we should lynch Fmx is because no self respecting wolves would have kept him alive, and that because he is afk he needs to die?

fnord_too 08-07-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get time I will reread that stuff, but a wolf pushing for someone after one post is far from an endorsement of that someone's villagerness.

[/ QUOTE ]

To spell this out: when you know someone is a wolf, it is very easy to see wolf tells in them and jump on them, or to just jump on them without giving a good reason. Scott uses this technique, pointing out a fellow wolf who makes a bad post early, fairly regularly iirc. In fact, one of my now gone villager tells on scott is he doesn't have some big insight into why someone is a wolf. I think I mentioned this in pirates, though, so I can't really use it anymore.

fmxda 08-07-2007 01:29 PM

Hi, my friends were in town from Sat - Mon and I've been out on the town most of the day.

I'm going to read the days I missed before I vote or defend myself.