Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

Snipe 11-29-2007 07:31 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to live in Folsom and have GF in Union [censored] City).

[/ QUOTE ]

How many conjugal visits were you allowed per month? Did it increase for good behavior?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every weekend but felt pretty bad that she had to drive all the way up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you guys call it quits when you finally got out, or before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still haven't officially ended it for ever, but not talking. On and off for like 8 years. Keeps notes of what she hates about me and occasionally reviews them when things are going well so she can get pissed and not talk to me for several months.

Standard.

keikiwai 11-29-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keeps notes of what she hates about me and occasionally reviews them when things are going well so she can get pissed and not talk to me for several months.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!

i really hope your joking, that's horrible

obv. ask her to show you her notes on the things she likes about you, and if she doesn't have one.... WTF?

Snipe 11-29-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna move to Cali and fit in with everyone else. Any chances of me making it out there being a 1/2 rb whore?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could definitely find affordable spots in LA (which I'm halfway thinking about). Living in the Bay Area comfortably (NOT in luxury by any means) takes at least $70K /yr min. if you're trying to be reponsible about your future.

Snipe 11-29-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keeps notes of what she hates about me and occasionally reviews them when things are going well so she can get pissed and not talk to me for several months.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!

i really hope your joking, that's horrible

obv. ask her to show you her notes on the things she likes about you, and if she doesn't have one.... WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I was but meh, what can you do? It's soooo [censored] cute too. She calls it 'evidence'.

Evidence of what? That you're out of your [censored] mind?

terp 11-29-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna move to Cali and fit in with everyone else. Any chances of me making it out there being a 1/2 rb whore?

[/ QUOTE ]

it still cracks me up how nobody but notorious BIG and people not in california call it cali

thac 11-29-2007 07:47 PM

I'm a lazy typer imo

Worm75 11-29-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could definitely find affordable spots in LA (which I'm halfway thinking about). Living in the Bay Area comfortably (NOT in luxury by any means) takes at least $70K /yr min. if you're trying to be reponsible about your future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your idea of affordable....moving out here is still going to be way more expensive than what most people are used to. And you're dead on right about the Bay area, pretty darn expensive.

Either way, get ready for traffic like you can't even imagine....

But I'm born and raised in Cali, and even with all that I highly doubt that I will ever leave...just too freakin amazin even with all the negatives

stonescar 11-29-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got tips for chatting up foreign chicks who speak little/no-English? Will be going out in French clubs most nights for the week I'm in the Alps and want to have a little game if I see a nice French lady who has shaven armpits (unlikely as that may sound).

[/ QUOTE ]

I discussed this with a french girl when I was in Paris this october. She said that they dig american english, not sure if that goes for the british as well. A friend of hers (guy) also chimed in and said that even french guys pick up french chicks by talking english. I don't know if it's the same deal outside of Paris, but she also said appearance is everything - you have to "be somebody". She actually advised me to make up a phony brag about being a celebrity in my country (lol wtf), because it would probably help my game. Yeah, I know, stupid and superficial, but she said that's how they roll. I didn't try it out much, since I was kind of emo after just being dumped, and tbh I didn't really see that many hotties - might have been bad luck/timing/wrong places, though, but generally they have huge noses and aren't that attractive. I still heart Audrey Tatou, but unfortunately she wasn't there to accept my proposal.

terp 11-29-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a lazy typer imo

[/ QUOTE ]

this rule holds true in spoken conversation as well

thac 11-29-2007 08:00 PM

I actually say california, am I destined to live there?

terp 11-29-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually say california, am I destined to live there?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

nath 11-29-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it still cracks me up how nobody but notorious BIG and people not in california call it cali

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot The Game

Also Biggie is from Brooklyn which is not in cali imo

nath 11-29-2007 09:04 PM

Also every time I think I have dysfunctional relationships with women reading this thread makes me feel better

thac 11-29-2007 09:07 PM

I'm not even gonna start with mine.

goofyballer 11-29-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also every time I am not in relationships with women reading this thread makes me feel worse

[/ QUOTE ]

tufat23 11-29-2007 09:31 PM

lol_balconysex

nath 11-29-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also every time I am not in relationships with women reading this thread makes me feel worse

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree... Even when I'm single I feel like I'm doing better than a lot of people here, by virtue of not being [censored] up over my relationships. (Then again, getting over my last one took a while.)

manupod 11-29-2007 09:40 PM

Yay! As of today I'm officially retired/a poker pro! And I leave for Argentina tomorrow morning! <3 life right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

74o_Clownsuit 11-29-2007 10:02 PM

lol stop being emo everyone.

keikiwai 11-29-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol stop being emo everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are smack dab in the middle of the official 2p2 emo thread, douche snozzle

Worm75 11-29-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagree... Even when I'm single I feel like I'm doing better than a lot of people here, by virtue of not being [censored] up over my relationships. (Then again, getting over my last one took a while.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You just expressed my thoughts perfectly.....although the way my current relationship is headed, I'm going to be single pretty quick.

I don't need a ton of attention, but it really bothers me when I feel like I am being ignored...especially after all the crap that I have been through for her over the last 3 weeks.

I would guess that by this weekend I am firmly in the single boat again

keikiwai 11-29-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just expressed my thoughts perfectly.....although the way my current relationship is headed, I'm going to be single pretty quick.

I don't need a ton of attention, but it really bothers me when I feel like I am being ignored...especially after all the crap that I have been through for her over the last 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, i'm actually pretty high maintenance for a guy, and need lots of attention, but i also put up w/ more than most guys i know

i def can't stand getting ignored and that would lead to single status asap... but i also can't stand clingy girls, so go figure... independent but attentive

Randiek 11-29-2007 11:45 PM

Whoo. My first bday celebration was awesome. The day started out horrible because I had to do a huge amount of work for school, and than my dinner got canceled. however, the one girl that I was hoping she wouldn't forget my bday didn't forget, which made me infinitely happy (havent seen her for 3 months or sth, lives 1k miles away, has a long term relation etc. I know her like half a year, of which I haven't seen her in 3...). So I was pretty happy already, went to a friends' place to celebrate, got drunk, had lots of fun in the city. Infinite girls were trying to flirt with me but I was either too lazy or too drunk to get involved and I liked it. Anyway; sleep now, more partying tomorrow. I is happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Don't [censored] whine about my english please, im not a native speaker and im drunk. Shoot me for it.

nath 11-29-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should, like, talk to her about your feelings and stuff

Keyser. 11-30-2007 12:09 AM

I'm really liking this new Angels and Airwaves. do you approve nath?

bpc009 11-30-2007 12:17 AM

Just got back to Sweden from Colorado. It seems the gf and her family enjoyed their first Thanksgiving. Two sets of parents, hers and mine, was a good time, but also tough and stressful and I am glad to be back. But still, it was a successful trip all things considered.

ikestoys 11-30-2007 12:23 AM

the ring is in.... blue nile is sweet btw if you are looking for diamonds
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4417/img0014ye5.jpg

Worm75 11-30-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, tried that one....honestly at a loss right now with what to do with her. Cool chick, but been a lot of drama from around her since we got together. She seemed like she was pretty low maintenance at first, but beginning to question that.

At the point in my life where I'm looking for a lil' more out of a relationship, while I though she was too....I'm beginning to wonder

Keyser. 11-30-2007 01:12 AM

how much ike? if you don't mind.

btw, I think normal 40k per year working people spending 3 months on a ring is dumb. Also girls' infatuation with diamonds seems dumb to me, but I won't pass judgement since I spend tons of money on stuff they think is dumb (monitors, cigars, etc).

ajmargarine 11-30-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw, I think normal 40k per year working people spending 3 months on a ring is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't fall for that jewelry industry propaganda crap!!!

I suppose you buy your mom a card on "Mother's day" too, lol Hallmark holidays. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Wraths Unanimous 11-30-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the ring is in.... blue nile is sweet btw if you are looking for diamonds
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4417/img0014ye5.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
their jewelry seemed kind of overpriced to me, but i am a noob at buying diamonds. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. fwiw that looks mad sick man, whats the occasion?

ikestoys 11-30-2007 01:17 AM

big diamond is .73c, but has the highest quality color and a vvs2 clarity (which is very good). The cut of the diamond is as good as it gets.

The ring has additional diamonds in it, bringing the total diamond weight to 1.2c. Pt setting

Cost was 6.7k, appraised 9.7k.

ikestoys 11-30-2007 01:18 AM

occasion = engagement obv

nath 11-30-2007 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, tried that one....honestly at a loss right now with what to do with her. Cool chick, but been a lot of drama from around her since we got together. She seemed like she was pretty low maintenance at first, but beginning to question that.

At the point in my life where I'm looking for a lil' more out of a relationship, while I though she was too....I'm beginning to wonder

[/ QUOTE ]
These sound like great reasons to break up with her

nath 11-30-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really liking this new Angels and Airwaves. do you approve nath?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't heard it yet. However, angels and airwaves are two of my favorite things, so I'm optimistic.

You can find my lists of my favorite music of '07 in the EDF music thread.

Worm75 11-30-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much where my head is at....

Kind of sucks because her sister is married to a good friend of mine, so I'm sure there will be some drama there...but I'm at my wits end. Like I said I'm fairly low maintenance, so there is only so much crap I can take.

Xanta 11-30-2007 02:34 AM

Going to visit McGill friends/party in Montreal for a weekend as a kind of nice way to celebrate my best month by 3x ever (jusssst broke $10k, shipit) should be megasick. Anyone have recommendations for places to eat? Not looking for anything crazy expensive but I haven't had a really nice meal in a long time. Indian or thai food gets bonus points.

nath 11-30-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much where my head is at....

Kind of sucks because her sister is married to a good friend of mine, so I'm sure there will be some drama there...but I'm at my wits end. Like I said I'm fairly low maintenance, so there is only so much crap I can take.

[/ QUOTE ]
How long have you been dating? Geez, it's not a divorce. Of course there will be drama, but drama is better than being miserable.

nath 11-30-2007 03:24 AM

Also, for some reason I was thinking of this: if SSNL has a theme song, it clearly needs to be "Small Stakes" by Spoon. Not up for debate.

EMc 11-30-2007 03:26 AM

I hasw rodrunko