Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

offTopic 09-21-2007 04:04 PM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Brag: Flying to Kauai tomorrow, plan is to (at a minimum) play Poipu Bay, The Prince, and Kiahuna.

Beat: The Prince aerated their greens on the 10th-11th.

Variance:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...p2/weather.jpg

tuq 09-21-2007 04:16 PM

oT,

Given that all you seem to do is play really nice courses around the world, I've come to the conclusion that you're independently wealthy. PM me for golfing buddy rates.

JackInDaCrak 09-21-2007 04:31 PM

oT, "scattered showers" and "showers" in Hawaii doesn't mean [censored].

It almost always rains a bit in the afternoon there. But, no worries, even if you get hit with it, the rain is nice and warm and refreshing.

Poipu Bay is on the south side of the island, it is the sunnier side generally.

Brag (for me): I shot a 101 at Poipu Bay when I played there in August.

offTopic 09-21-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oT,

Given that all you seem to do is play really nice courses around the world, I've come to the conclusion that you're independently wealthy. PM me for golfing buddy rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my wife's fault...she's a self-proclaimed course condition snob.

If I was independently wealthy, I wouldn't still be grinding the $4.15/post "admin approved poster" system here.

offTopic 09-21-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oT, "scattered showers" and "showers" in Hawaii doesn't mean [censored].

It almost always rains a bit in the afternoon there. But, no worries, even if you get hit with it, the rain is nice and warm and refreshing.

Poipu Bay is on the south side of the island, it is the sunnier side generally.

Brag (for me): I shot a 101 at Poipu Bay when I played there in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just hoping the weather doesn't get out of hand is all.

I'm currently a 16, and these courses look tough, so if I can be solidly under 100 (and make meaningful contributions to the photos thread) I'll be happy.

larrylegend 09-21-2007 06:00 PM

85 at Rancho Solano in Fairfield, CA

39 on the front then started the back with a triple on 10- Par 5, tried to cut off the distance by going over some trees. Drive was too low and hit a tree dead center, ball ends up about 30 yards behind the tee and now have worse tree trouble. Not good.

Troll_Inc 09-21-2007 06:38 PM

I didn't shoot anything today, but my handicap came out and I dropped to 18.0 uggg.

I'm tettering toward the wrong side of bogey golf with just a little bit more than 1 month to go in my scoring season. And it's just as I finally feel like I got everything under control to play as a 15-16.

TripleH68 09-22-2007 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
85 at Rancho Solano in Fairfield, CA

39 on the front then started the back with a triple on 10- Par 5, tried to cut off the distance by going over some trees. Drive was too low and hit a tree dead center, ball ends up about 30 yards behind the tee and now have worse tree trouble. Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always had trouble with the 10th hole. You work to post a number on the front nine, then it is so easy to have a let down on the 10th.

Did you consider taking an unplayable lie and hitting your third shot from the tee?

TripleH68 09-22-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just hoping the weather doesn't get out of hand is all.

I'm currently a 16, and these courses look tough, so if I can be solidly under 100 (and make meaningful contributions to the photos thread) I'll be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just be prepared to play in the wind. It rarely stops blowing in Kauai. You will love it.

TripleH68 09-22-2007 09:25 AM

I was playing in my regular Friday threesome when we were teamed with a single. He was riding and considerably slower than the three of us walkers, very annoying. On top of that he was playing terribly, yet laboring over every club selection, distance, etc. Ugh.

Then walking off the 15th green he says to me: "This game. If you don't play, you can't play. You know? You can't play if you don't play."

What?