Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

Keyser. 11-28-2007 03:10 AM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

Songs and books and movies and stuff can be about whatever you want them to be about.

shpanko 11-28-2007 03:14 AM

happens all the time, I hate it. Solution: never check on actual song lyrics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Xanta 11-28-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does this happen to anyone else?

1.) Fall in love with a song, b/c it hits you deep or w/e
2.) Read the actual words to the song, realize its not at all about what you thought
3.) ????
4.) ruins song imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Elliott Smith played really nice, simple but beautiful songs. Listen to the lyrics and read a bit about the guy and my whole opinion on his music is changed. FROWNTOWN.

thac 11-28-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2.) Read the actual words to the song, realize its not at all about what you thought
3.) ????
4.) ruins song imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I gave up looking at lyrics for the most part because of this.

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 03:17 AM

Elliot smith is awesome.

That is all.

Xanta 11-28-2007 03:19 AM

He def has some of the coolest chord progressions I've heard in folkish stuff like his, as well as some really powerful lyrics, but listening to his music makes me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 03:33 AM

Yeah he is a bit of a downer

Snipe 11-28-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - love the guy but come on, the guy committed suicide by STABBING HIMSELF IN THE FREAKING HEART!!! What would you expect???

Soooo thug.

Guy put out some fantastic music when he was around tho.

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - love the guy but come on, the guy committed suicide by STABBING HIMSELF IN THE FREAKING HEART!!! Soooo thugh.

Guy put out some fantastic music when he was around tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

His girlfriend totally murdered him.

nath 11-28-2007 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3.) ????
4.) ruins song imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Elliott Smith played really nice, simple but beautiful songs. Listen to the lyrics and read a bit about the guy and my whole opinion on his music is changed. FROWNTOWN.

[/ QUOTE ]
He does play really nice, beautiful songs. I mean, so did Jeff Buckley. They're just about really depressing [censored].

Sciolist 11-28-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
happens all the time, I hate it. Solution: never check on actual song lyrics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, if you want words, read a book.

clowntable 11-28-2007 07:48 AM

Whenever I listen to music I cannot listen to the lyrics. Like you could ask me after the song what it was about and I couldn't tell you.
Kind of strange but my brain just filters music like that.

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I listen to music I cannot listen to the lyrics. Like you could ask me after the song what it was about and I couldn't tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way pretty much

terp 11-28-2007 08:20 AM

brag: hot argentine chick in the US for a month wanted to bang me
beat: she is not here
variance: loyalty

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 08:24 AM

Pictures from yesterday morning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_1525.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_1507.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_1497.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_1536.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_1530.jpg

clowntable 11-28-2007 08:30 AM

Very nice. I have no clue about photography but the pictures look really nice.
Second one is awesome.

Wolfram 11-28-2007 08:52 AM

I love the first one. Very nice composition. Could be an album cover or something.

Wolfram 11-28-2007 09:06 AM

I went to a new underground card club in Reykjavik. It was one of the most insanely soft games I've ever played. The stakes are rougly $1.5/$3 but the game plays really short. Everybody is buying in for 30-50 big blinds and it's really loose/passive.

People call to much when they shouldn't, which is kinda standard, but they also make horrible folds. Like we're playing 4 handed and I open AQs to 3.5bb, Button has about 45BB's and 3-bets to 9bb, folded to me and I push, he agonizes for a while and the open folds AK. And this is the kind of guy who will instacall pot-sized bets on the flop with any pair hoping to spike as long as the pot is not too big.

The place is run by a drugdealer and a lot of the guys there were pretty shadey (a lot of debt-collector looking guys with big biceps and wearing prada and gucci t-shirts).

It's 10-handed, theres a 3.5BB raise and a couple of calls. One guy 3-bets big and it's folded to a middle-eastern looking dude who thinks for like 2 mins and then decideds to fold his QTs. The other guy shows pocket kings, there's a little snicker from a guy next to me and I blurt out "cowboys" and suddenly the middle-eastern dude gives me a death stare and says "Is there something funny?". I wonder if he'll pull a Joe Pesci on me if I say something wrong so I just say "I just said 'cowboys'". He lets it go.

They also have these jailbait teenies with cleavage all over the place as dealers. It was a little hard concentraiting at times.

Anyways, I end the evening up $250 and a friend of mine who I was staking was up $500 of which I got half, so it was a good night.

kolotoure 11-28-2007 09:33 AM

i-pod touch just arrived

tufat23 11-28-2007 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i-pod touch just arrived

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Nielsio 11-28-2007 09:57 AM

Barcelona trip video. It's about one hour. Uneditted.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XJR17OJ
(406 MB)

4_2_it 11-28-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(406 MB)

[/ QUOTE ]

30 words synopsis of what to expect? I assume this is safe for work?

4_2_it 11-28-2007 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3.) ????
4.) ruins song imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, when I found out that MacArthur Park was about baking a cake, I choked a puppy.

Nielsio 11-28-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(406 MB)

[/ QUOTE ]

30 words synopsis of what to expect? I assume this is safe for work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Images from the streets of Barcelona, architecture (Gaudi et al), peoples, the city, the sea, etc. Some commentary here and there (mostly in the beginning), but mostly silent. Safe for work.

Sciolist 11-28-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a lot easier if you listen to mostly dance music

Suigin406 11-28-2007 12:04 PM

yup, a techno dork right here

Fletcher19 11-28-2007 12:15 PM

Awesome pics chaos.

i bought the d40x myself a few weeks ago and would really like to get into photography a little more.

Anything you recommend i read such as forums or guides or whatever? i am pretty clueless with it at the moment

Chaos_ult 11-28-2007 12:20 PM

Well personally I like to take the "try different things and see" route. However, I know of a really comprehensive guide that, while not camera model specific, seems really helpful.

Guide is located here

edit: actually i think that's the wrong link, but that one's somewhat helpful too.

Fletcher19 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

ty

ajmargarine 11-28-2007 12:56 PM

vn pics sir.

willw9 11-28-2007 01:16 PM

I think I might buy a sick camera when I start running good again and get nice at photographizing. Thoughts?

HoldEmNewby 11-28-2007 02:13 PM

I have come to realize coffee is more addictive than booze or pot. I can't function a day without it and yet the latter two i can binge on, but give up cold turkey at any moment. Crack in a cup.

chiTown22 11-28-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have come to realize coffee is more addictive than booze or pot. I can't function a day without it and yet the latter two i can binge on, but give up cold turkey at any moment. Crack in a cup.

[/ QUOTE ]
Be carefull not to get hooked on good coffee. Otherwise you will find yourself out more money while worring about the exact water temperature used by your coffee maker, The proper distrobution of the water spray, grinding not crushing the beans.... yada yada yada. Life is pain.

HoldEmNewby 11-28-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Be carefull not to get hooked on good coffee. Otherwise you will find yourself out more money while worring about the exact water temperature used by your coffee maker, The proper distrobution of the water spray, grinding not crushing the beans.... yada yada yada. Life is pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, and i thought i had it bad

keikiwai 11-28-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i-pod touch just arrived

[/ QUOTE ]

to outer [censored] mongolia?

wtf? welcome to eons ago

Suigin406 11-28-2007 03:23 PM

am i missing something or is everyone misunderstanding kolo's post??

keikiwai 11-28-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i missing something or is everyone misunderstanding kolo's post??

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... i got it

it's just funnier if you misunderstand it :/

goofyballer 11-28-2007 03:27 PM

Outer Mongolia (Mongolian: Ar Mongol, Manchu: Tulergi Monggo, Chinese: 外蒙古; pinyin: Wài Měnggǔ) was a political division of the Beiyang Government. It consisted of the following four provinces (aimags), ordering from east to west:

* Chechen Khan Province (Chechen Khan Ayimagh, Setsen Khan Aimag)
* Töshiyetü Khan Province (Töshiyetü Khan Ayimagh, Tüsheet Khan Aimag)
* Sayin Noyan Khan Province (Sayin Noyan Khan Ayimagh, Sain Noyon Khan Aimag)
* Jasaghtu Khan Province (Jasaghtu Khan Ayimagh, Zasagt Khan Aimag)

Today the name is sometimes still informally used referring to Mongolia (a sovereign state), which controls roughly the same territory.

Worm75 11-28-2007 03:30 PM

Hey has anybody heard from Kil? Last time I remember him posting, was when he had that pic of him cutting himself and then I don't think I've seen much since

orange 11-28-2007 03:38 PM

nope havent heard from kil.

Question- do any of you guys know or recommend some good slippers to wear around? my friend got a pair and they look nice.