Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

Aces McGee 09-18-2007 02:54 PM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

Are you taking the club all the way back? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely hit a three-iron but 200 yards seems pretty reasonable for a casual player like Clark (or myself).

bonds, who I gather is pretty decent (I think he said in the handicap thread that he was single digits) just posted that he hits a one-iron about 220 on average.

-McGee

Entity 09-18-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played same course, par 71, 6247 yds. Which is pretty long for me 'cause I hit irons off the tee atm.

47/49/96. Gonna try to get out again this week same course if kyleb stops being a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomorrow or Thursday? I'd like to hit the range once before heading down so I don't [censored] up my tee shots as colossally as I was last time, but I need to seek vengeance on that course, and it's supposed to be nice the next couple of days.

Rob

GuyOnTilt 09-18-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played same course, par 71, 6247 yds. Which is pretty long for me 'cause I hit irons off the tee atm.

47/49/96. Gonna try to get out again this week same course if kyleb stops being a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomorrow or Thursday? I'd like to hit the range once before heading down so I don't [censored] up my tee shots as colossally as I was last time, but I need to seek vengeance on that course, and it's supposed to be nice the next couple of days.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
Tomorrow works better than Thursday for me.

tuq 09-18-2007 05:42 PM

All,

I was just taking the easy crack at Clarkmeister since it's my impression that he owns me in every other area of life, except that he's old.

Clarkmeister 09-18-2007 05:55 PM

Well, in fairness if I am supposed to hit it like 220, I'd love to know so I can work on that. Right now all my work is consistency and trying to learn to trust woods again. I always got the feeling that 200 for a 3-iron and 150-155 for a 7-iron was somewhat standard.

I live in a year-round golf environment. I need to get better before I get even older and die.

Aces McGee 09-18-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I was just taking the easy crack at Clarkmeister since it's my impression that he owns me in every other area of life, except that he's old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I was a little quick to jump on this topic because I've recently been trying to figure out if I should be getting more out of my irons. I'll pull a 7 from 150 and one of my friends looks at me like I'm a wimp, while another guy I know would hit a 5 in that spot.

-McGee

JackInDaCrak 09-18-2007 06:01 PM

I think with all the differences from swing to swing it doesn't matter how far you hit each club, so long as it is less than +/- 5 yards of distance every time you hit it.

Consistency is king, not arbitrary benchmarks.

Aces McGee 09-18-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Consistency is king, not arbitrary benchmarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is true, there are obvious advantages to being able to hit higher lofted clubs farther.

-McGee

kyleb 09-19-2007 10:59 PM

i shot the lights out for four holes and then tanked on the rest of the front (GoT and i only played 9).

sigh. bought new clubs today though, along with shoes. i have a proper set of clubs and i plan on going to the range 3-4 times and recording my distance with the various clubs and confidence values in accuracy to approach golf in the only way i know how: mathematically

kyleb 09-19-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

woot! Iron hitters of the world unite!

[/ QUOTE ]

word. GoT converted me into hitting only irons. as he can attest to, i crush my 3 hybrid consistently 210 and i'm occasionally around 240 with it.