Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NL Bots on Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398864)

ianisakson 05-09-2007 10:35 PM

Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you guys play so many hands. you should be improving if you play that many hands. only a robot or completely unmotivated person plays the exact same break even system without making their game better than/different than the person sitting next to them. do you guys not have brains? are you only capable of playing a set system of hands a set way?

[/ QUOTE ]

We make plenty of money the way we play...we are happy with it.... why fix what isn't broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

to me this is broken, how do you guys all have the exact same stats? do you have a big chart on the wall telling you how to play every hand in every single situation? Do you guys not ask yourself questions? or just keep playing hands the same without trying to improve? sorry, but I like to ask questions because this entire situation sounds like BS to me

nlnut 05-09-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you guys play so many hands. you should be improving if you play that many hands. only a robot or completely unmotivated person plays the exact same break even system without making their game better than/different than the person sitting next to them. do you guys not have brains? are you only capable of playing a set system of hands a set way?

[/ QUOTE ]

We make plenty of money the way we play...we are happy with it.... why fix what isn't broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you are only winning 1-2 ptbb at 1/2 full ring, it's broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said.... We are happy with it.

BluffTHIS! 05-09-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluffthis,

i know you enjoy looking for worst case scenarios and using logic to prove how the worst case scenario could be true, but using scripts like betpot and reload are very easy to copy/paste and install once you read the faq on overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. And that explanation would be a lot more credible *if* you had mentioned it in your first defense of nlnut. Instead, some posters had to dig it up.

jrbick 05-09-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you are only winning 1-2 ptbb at 1/2 full ring, it's broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said.... We are happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys hiring? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

dp13368 05-09-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) You people that are saying the stats are 'similar' and maybe these guys all just play the same style, or that they are all in the same room using the same set of general rules to play ARE JUST CRAZY! There is no way that one individual person could record stats that EXACT over 2 100K hand sessions if they tried. Like, we aren't just talking about vpip and pfr. EVERY stat in pokertracker was identical. Every single one. I'm far from an expert, but my background is engineering and I've done a ton of statistical analysis. That is just too large a sample size for the numbers to be that exact.

PLUS you have to factor in things like tilt that come into play in poker. Are you telling me that even two guy sitting next to each other reading from the same 'playbook' of how to play, could stick to that plan so perfectly that things like tilt would just never take over?

I don't like to rush to judgement on anything, but the stats ALONE are just unbelievable enough to me for 3 people to have so exactly, and then when you factor other things in like they getting up from tables, never playing together, names linked to pittsburg, etc, the evidence seems overwhelming to me.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation and sweatshop owner, care to comment?

There is no way you individually over 2 100k samples could have those identical stats, yet alone 4 different players. You honestly do not believe that is possible/logical, do you?

IRuleYouHard 05-09-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget the tournament they played together. One confirmed, how many other times did this happen? I assume there's a site with full tournament records.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there anything wrong with playing MTT with your friends? I am being serious.

$crooge 05-09-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. they play eactly the same strategy and play as a team on many postflop hands, which is within t&c. you're allowed to have 2 players to a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post flop?? You're way to experienced to think that anyone is going to believe that.

[ QUOTE ]
2. they disappeared at same time bc all accounts were locked and then started up again recently bc all accounts were unlocked at same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that (and I figure you do, too) but I was thinking more of showing up at FTP at the same time and leaving FTP at the same time.

But, since you brought it up, why weren't any of the accounts spooked by the FTP investigation? Once the accounts were re-opened, everything was back to "business as usual?"

[ QUOTE ]
3. brandonjoseph is one of the guys, i just cleared it up with chuck and brandon. if you read his posts, he was just defending his friend. he has little experience with online message board etiquette and what types of conversation are accepted and encouraged. i was the same way when i started posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and look at his posts.

thirstyforwater 05-09-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. brandonjoseph is one of the guys, i just cleared it up with chuck and brandon. if you read his posts, he was just defending his friend. he has little experience with online message board etiquette and what types of conversation are accepted and encouraged. i was the same way when i started posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

So BrandonJoseph is a big liar then? He is one of the guys that had his account locked? I assume he is one4thethumb?

BrandonJoseph47 05-09-2007 10:41 PM

Nation is right. My chat room etiquette blows big time. Put yourself in my shoes, and your friend is being wrongly accused of something. However, I was out of line, and apologize to those I offended. No hard feelings, and GL at the tables. Cheers.

billmagnet 05-09-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nlnut -

Could you post a picture of your setup like someone suggested...

Blur faces....etc....

Fwiw, I don't play at FTP, but this whole play as a team etc really doesn't sit right with me...

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

And some stupid picture that provides zero evidence of anything will put your mind at ease?