Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   ***** November LC Thread ***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535805)

daveT 11-14-2007 09:09 PM

Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Didn't we already learn to not call with those kinds of hands?

optimal /= best.

[rant]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!

Nothing nothing nothing disturbs me more that two [censored] things about this god damn game!

1---- ultra long games
2---- people who refuse to play poker.

I raised every single [censored] hand, and this pos just folds folds folds. Then all of a [censored] sudden, after we are at 60/120, this sob shoves with middle [censored] pair!!!!!

Jesus, dude, you had to wait that long to play poker? What's wrong with you? HUH? Not to mention you must have that [censored] flop turn river predictor program or else you would have never shoved unless you either

A--- had the nuts
B--- knew the nuts was coming.

You [censored] moron. I hate nothing more than a slow-playing, over-folding, suck out donkey.

[censored] you.

x.

Somekid 11-14-2007 09:12 PM

did you win that hand?

TNixon 11-14-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you apply it religiously? since it's optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not optimal. It's non-exploitable. There's a difference. SAGE is only optimal if your opponent is also playing optimally, which practically no opponent on the planet does.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't listen to someone who says you need a 54% win-rate to beat the rake .

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, incredibly enough, I've been wrong in the past on a number of things. I usually accept simple corrections, though, and am always perfectly willing to admit to occasional bouts of stupidity. Especially when I've already indicated that I'm not really sure.

Like here. I was wrong. Count after the blinds. Which makes a lot of sense, I guess, since it's much easier that way.

Unknown Soldier 11-14-2007 09:12 PM

thanks shark

was looking at the tables and there seems to be an inconsistency

eg the cut-off hand for pushing when you have 2 bbs is 64s, but the PI of 64s is (6 x 2) + 4 + 2 = 18 and in the SAGE table it says you need a PI of 21 to jam the sb. I'm probably being dumb, what am i missing?

Unknown Soldier 11-14-2007 09:15 PM

Tnixon, not much room to move chips around when you have 10 or less bbs imo, might aswell push/fold, i dont think you'de be giving up anything unless your opponent was retardedly tight.

TNixon 11-14-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless your opponent was retardedly tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many/most opponents are. So I generally call somewhat tighter than what SAGE recommends, and push about the same or maybe a little wider.

[ QUOTE ]
was looking at the tables and there seems to be an inconsistency

[/ QUOTE ]

The cutoff hands shown are truly optimal, but to know whether or not to push with a specific hand, you'd have to memorize the cutoff hands as well as know exactly how hands rank against each other.

The power index is just an approximation, so there will be some discrepancies.

Unknown Soldier 11-14-2007 09:21 PM

oh i see, thanks for the explanation. ill just go with the PI numbers then i guess.

thats fair enough about calling a bit tighter, but you should def push optimally imo.

cwar 11-14-2007 09:35 PM

I just got this broadband card that fits into my laptop, internet everywhere, its awesomeness.

shyturtle27 11-14-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this broadband card that fits into my laptop, internet everywhere, its awesomeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty amazing. What service?

cwar 11-14-2007 10:31 PM

Verizon $60/month $50 for the card.