Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NL Bots on Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398864)

nation 05-09-2007 10:31 PM

Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Things nation's explanation *does* clear:

- Why the accounts are (apparently) from the same location

Things nation's explanation *does not* clear up:

- Why the pre and post-flop statistics are almost identical
- Why the accounts appeared and disappeared at, apprently, the same time
- Why new accounts magically appeared today posting messages in this thread trying to divert attention

And still no response from Full Tilt. I'm sure nation's explanation is the one given to Full Tilt and they accepted it. But why no comment from FTP?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. they play eactly the same strategy and play as a team on many postflop hands, which is within t&c. you're allowed to have 2 players to a hand.

2. they disappeared at same time bc all accounts were locked and then started up again recently bc all accounts were unlocked at same time.

3. brandonjoseph is one of the guys, i just cleared it up with chuck and brandon. if you read his posts, he was just defending his friend. he has little experience with online message board etiquette and what types of conversation are accepted and encouraged. i was the same way when i started posting.

drtofu66 05-09-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nlnut care to explain what this thread was about?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thread I created 2 days after my account was suspended...what inside the thread are you questioning? Please be specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's wondering why you deleted your initial post in that thread.

NOSUP4U 05-09-2007 10:32 PM

I wanted to address a couple things that have come up a lot in this thread:

1) People are wondering how a computer can click the buttons, enter data, etc, and saying that maybe its a program telling people what to do, with a human doing the data entry. Over 5 years ago I was using a program called WinRunner to automate testing of websites. This program would see a window, automatically 'learn' where all the buttons and data entry fields were, and allow me to program input and mouse clicks in specific time intervals, etc.
This is absolutely the type of program that is being used. You don't even need to be able to 'see' the buttons. I could program it to just 'click' in a certain space on my screen. So if you set up your tables in the same spots, then there you go, buttons are always in the same place. I could program it to wait for other input to show up on the screen (like the cards) and react certain ways to whatever it saw. This isn't even new technology. No humans are needed for this.

2) You people that are saying the stats are 'similar' and maybe these guys all just play the same style, or that they are all in the same room using the same set of general rules to play ARE JUST CRAZY! There is no way that one individual person could record stats that EXACT over 2 100K hand sessions if they tried. Like, we aren't just talking about vpip and pfr. EVERY stat in pokertracker was identical. Every single one. I'm far from an expert, but my background is engineering and I've done a ton of statistical analysis. That is just too large a sample size for the numbers to be that exact.

PLUS you have to factor in things like tilt that come into play in poker. Are you telling me that even two guy sitting next to each other reading from the same 'playbook' of how to play, could stick to that plan so perfectly that things like tilt would just never take over?

I don't like to rush to judgement on anything, but the stats ALONE are just unbelievable enough to me for 3 people to have so exactly, and then when you factor other things in like they getting up from tables, never playing together, names linked to pittsburg, etc, the evidence seems overwhelming to me.

Just think about this: If you wrote down all these rules of how to play pots, and you and a friend tried to execute them over 100K hands, do you really think you would stick to the script SO perfectly with no other human emotion involved that you could come out with the EXACT same stats? I've played poker before, so I just don't believe that is possible.

Mark

jagoff 05-09-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I grew up in Ebensburg and it's only a 20 minute drive to J'town. My best friend is one of the chiefs of police for the suburbs/outskirts of J'town. Do you want this guy dead or mostly dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you're a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks fat [censored]

DWarrior 05-09-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He does have a lot of posts in the software portion of this site... and has a good knowledge of programming from the looks of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation earlier:
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck is a good guy, and to be honest, doesn't even know how to configure his virus protection; I had to do it for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few of nlnuts' posts would suggest otherwise:

one

two

three

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he doesn't know anything about computers except for how to write and modify autohotkey coding. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how nation "neglected" to mention his buddy is a script kiddie. Of course I guess it's because he's his best friend and wouldn't want anyone to draw the "wrong" conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

...is that supposed to be sarcastic? If nation knew chuck was a script kiddie, I'm sure he wouldn't say it to us precisely for that reason.

BluffTHIS! 05-09-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things nation's explanation *does* clear:

- Why the accounts are (apparently) from the same location

Things nation's explanation *does not* clear up:

- Why the pre and post-flop statistics are almost identical
- Why the accounts appeared and disappeared at, apprently, the same time
- Why new accounts magically appeared today posting messages in this thread trying to divert attention

And still no response from Full Tilt. I'm sure nation's explanation is the one given to Full Tilt and they accepted it. But why no comment from FTP?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) They [censored] up once and still are by not doing enough to combat botting.

2) They *might* have [censored] up again by letting a botter go free after investigating him and sure as hell don't want people to think that their incompetence/lack of caring, knows no bounds.

nlnut 05-09-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He does have a lot of posts in the software portion of this site... and has a good knowledge of programming from the looks of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation earlier:
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck is a good guy, and to be honest, doesn't even know how to configure his virus protection; I had to do it for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few of nlnuts' posts would suggest otherwise:

one

two

three

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he doesn't know anything about computers except for how to write and modify autohotkey coding. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting a script is as easy as changing the FTCbutton numbers till you find the one that works...something I read in a post by ADDE somewhere. I figured out the correct numbers and posted them to the public. Wasn't I being a nice guy?

tautomer 05-09-2007 10:34 PM

Let's not forget the tournament they played together. One confirmed, how many other times did this happen? I assume there's a site with full tournament records.

nation 05-09-2007 10:35 PM

bluffthis,

i know you enjoy looking for worst case scenarios and using logic to prove how the worst case scenario could be true, but using scripts like betpot and reload are very easy to copy/paste and install once you read the faq on overcards.

wildzer0 05-09-2007 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny how nation "neglected" to mention his buddy is a script kiddie. Of course I guess it's because he's his best friend and wouldn't want anyone to draw the "wrong" conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, a pretty computer illiterate person could start writing autohotkey code pretty easily, and it's hardly being a script kiddie. Many, many players use autohotkey scripts when they play.