Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509272)

Nez477 11-08-2007 12:49 PM

Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Re: Hating on the Nuggets

They were coming off of a frustrating loss on a back to back, Boston played lights out, Carmetlo had 10 assists against New York, I'd have stopped playing down by 30 too

The Celts shot 71%.

The Nuggets beat the Suns by 35 last year in the same type of game, we were up by 31 in the first half I believe

It happens some nights

And looking at that game from Carmelo isn't fair at all

kidcolin 11-08-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my favorite thing about that finish is that they didn't call a timeout. A methodical Sloan team no less. I've been saying for years teams should just inbound it and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players are so afraid of fouling in that situation just having your best ball handler run as fast as he can down the court is often the best play. It looked to me like Ilgauskas actually got out Williams' way at the bucket (though Williams did make one small change of direction at the end, and Z might have just taken a bad angle to cut him off).

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I just think of it as.. these are frickin' NBA players. They know how to ball. Secondly, speed is one of the hardest things ot defend. Thirdly, the other team is usually so excited, someone is out of position. Playing it like this puts them on their heels. You should be able to get a high percentage shot.

I just think most times it's one of those things where the coach is afraid to get criticized.

I mentioned this in another basketball thread somewhere, but I still think Danny Ainge should've been 10 feet from his basket when Paxson's 3 pointer fell in the finals. No way would he have been covered. Teams need to practice this.

kidcolin 11-08-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Hating on the Nuggets

They were coming off of a frustrating loss on a back to back, Boston played lights out, Carmetlo had 10 assists against New York, I'd have stopped playing down by 30 too

The Celts shot 71%.

The Nuggets beat the Suns by 35 last year in the same type of game, we were up by 31 in the first half I believe

It happens some nights

And looking at that game from Carmelo isn't fair at all

[/ QUOTE ]

I'v been hating on them since before opening night. I think they're a playoff team.. I just thought it was a joke how some pundits had them in the Finals or even as far as the WCF. Your two "best players" are inefficient scorers who turn the ball over like mad.

Aces McGee 11-08-2007 12:59 PM

Nez,

They're still garbage defensively, outside of Camby. Yeah, the C's shot an ungodly percentage, but we basically got whatever shot we wanted. So did the Knicks the night before.

-McGee

tuq 11-08-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned this in another basketball thread somewhere, but I still think Danny Ainge should've been 10 feet from his basket when Paxson's 3 pointer fell in the finals. No way would he have been covered. Teams need to practice this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

sweetwater 11-08-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh Smith is a better version of Shaun Marion in every aspect of the game except outside shooting

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time believing that J-Smoove is a better ball handler than Marion, much less anyone else in the entire league.

ClarkNasty 11-08-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JSIG

[/ QUOTE ]

sethypooh21 11-08-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying that Ainge should have run out past Paxson so that when the shot went in they could have bombed it down to him for a layup at the other end...being able to fast break of a make is a very good skill for a team to have but it absolutely requires practice to "get it out, get it in and let's go" as a coach of mine used to say.

tuq 11-08-2007 02:23 PM

sethypooh,

Oh.

Well then allow me to explain why that was a bad example. That was a bad example because when Paxson took that shot DANNY AINGE WAS INEXPLICABLY DOUBLING DOWN ON HORACE GRANT UNDERNEATH THE BASKET. THE SAME HORACE GRANT WHO HADN'T MADE A SINGLE SHOT IN TWO GAMES, LEAVING PAXSON WIDE OPEN FOR THE SERIES-WINNING THREE POINTER. Thus he was not in position to release and get downcourt ahead of everyone else.

ClarkNasty 11-08-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sethypooh,

Oh.

Well then allow me to explain why that was a bad example. That was a bad example because when Paxson took that shot DANNY AINGE WAS INEXPLICABLY DOUBLING DOWN ON HORACE GRANT UNDERNEATH THE BASKET. THE SAME HORACE GRANT WHO HADN'T MADE A SINGLE SHOT IN TWO GAMES, LEAVING PAXSON WIDE OPEN FOR THE SERIES-WINNING THREE POINTER. Thus he was not in position to release and get downcourt ahead of everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

lawl