Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=693)

lotus776 11-30-2005 05:23 PM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!

all that you ever say is that everyone is a "moran" or that they suck...then why are you giving them the time of day? why are you wasting your breath...you're obviously very very upset over this arguement...let it go. What is wrong with you? just let it go

Stratman 11-30-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick and tired of this "OMG I GOT BAD BEAT, I HAD A POCKET PAIR AND ALL YOU HAD WAS OVERCARDS!"

Preflop, a pocket pair only has 2 outs to improve,overcards have 6! (This is not even taking into account straight and flush draws!) That means overcards are at least a 3:1 favorite to improve and win the hand. So stop whining morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morans, I think thats a city in Michigan

lotus776 11-30-2005 06:39 PM

hmm..yeah it is

Stratman 11-30-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The pocket pair is a about a 55% favorite to win the hand. I agree that a pair losing to overcards is not a bad beat, but it is a small favorite nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overcards are 75% to win you [censored] idiot. How can people be soo retarded. Did you even read my post? Can you reduce fractions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pulling our leg, right

Stratman 11-30-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moron is spelled with two o's...moron...you moron

[/ QUOTE ]
Mooran?

joy2mike 12-01-2005 03:26 AM

Re: STOP OVERPLAYING POCKET PAIRS AND WHINING WHEN YOU LOSE WITH THEM!1!!1

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick and tired of this "OMG I GOT BAD BEAT, I HAD A POCKET PAIR AND ALL YOU HAD WAS OVERCARDS!"

Preflop, a pocket pair only has 2 outs to improve,overcards have 6! (This is not even taking into account straight and flush draws!) That means overcards are at least a 3:1 favorite to improve and win the hand. So stop whining morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you're more like 4:1 cause of the chance that someone else at the table already folded one of the pair's outs!!!!

Surf 12-01-2005 03:51 AM

i was having a rough night (i love that i can post whines here and noone cares) but after reading this thread and nearly dying laughing I think I can handle it again.

Thank you so very much. I <3 this forum.

Oh ya, you forgot that overcards have more cards to make straights with. A PP can only use the 1 card, while overs can use 2.

I'll fix your math:

Overcards: 6 outs to improve x 2 straights = 12
PP : 2outs to improve X1 staright x2flushes = 4

Overs are 3:1 favorite. Your math was wrong.

Surf

CybrPunk 12-01-2005 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The pocket pair is a about a 55% favorite to win the hand. I agree that a pair losing to overcards is not a bad beat, but it is a small favorite nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overcards are 75% to win you [censored] idiot. How can people be soo retarded. Did you even read my post? Can you reduce fractions?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right and every poker calculator on earth that calculates these statistics is wrong. The experts that run this forum are wrong too, seeing how these stats are published in their books. The geniuses on the probability forum are also wrong. In fact, we're all wrong and morans (learn to spell, MORON!) and you're the only person here that knows how to play poker. Your 1600 posts clearly indicates that.

Or perhaps it just means you can type....

popniklas 12-01-2005 11:58 AM

This is not funny. Not at all.

CORed 12-01-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People with less than 50 posts shouldn't be allowed to post, theyr'e always so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people with less than 50 posts aren't allowed to post, how will they ever get more than 50 posts?