Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are Any Non Mega Banks Safe Enough To Ignore 100K FDIC Limit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547278)

Thremp 11-17-2007 09:51 PM

Re: Are Any Non Mega Banks Safe Enough To Ignore 100K FDIC Limit?

[ QUOTE ]
Probably half of my Wharton classmates do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much more subtle and better IMO.

Jimbo 11-17-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably half of my Wharton classmates do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much more subtle and better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and he didn't even imply that he graduated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jimbo

Jeff W 11-17-2007 11:44 PM

Why not just buy Treasury Bills?

David Sklansky 11-17-2007 11:59 PM

EDIT..this could be one of the SCUMMIEST comments I have ever heard:

""Perhaps you didn't realize how much you and others here contribute to my income by frequenting this site""

I don't get you. How could you not realize this was a joke? And my detailing my finances was in direct reply to a question. And my comment about Wharton was a way of proving that my bankroll is nothing to brag about. As for the original question, it was not answered. Which walk in banks in Nevada pay CD rates within .5% of the very top while having a smaller than one in 2000 chance of going broke? In the present economic climate.

octaveshift 11-18-2007 12:06 AM

This thread makes Jesus™ cry.

XXXNoahXXX 11-18-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT..this could be one of the SCUMMIEST comments I have ever heard:

""Perhaps you didn't realize how much you and others here contribute to my income by frequenting this site""

I don't get you. How could you not realize this was a joke? And my detailing my finances was in direct reply to a question. And my comment about Wharton was a way of proving that my bankroll is nothing to brag about. As for the original question, it was not answered. Which walk in banks in Nevada pay CD rates within .5% of the very top while having a smaller than one in 2000 chance of going broke? In the present economic climate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevada State Bank

FDIC Cert. 18113

Bank Website

Branch offices in Vegas, Reno, Carson City, Boulder City.

kyleb 11-18-2007 12:23 AM

You guys are being way too sensitive with regard to David. He was clearly not flaunting his wealth.

Shut up.

David Sklansky 11-18-2007 02:38 AM

Thank you. That was my guess. Meanwhile, I assume it is safe to say that the reason Bank of America and Wells Fargo get business charging about a full percent less, even on fully insured deposits, is because, some people are incredibly irrationally risk averse?

XXXNoahXXX 11-18-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. That was my guess. Meanwhile, I assume it is safe to say that the reason Bank of America and Wells Fargo get business charging about a full percent less, even on fully insured deposits, is because, some people are incredibly irrationally risk averse?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think risk has anything to do with it. More likely is that there are eight million branch offices, thats where they have their checking account, so thats where they get their CD. I think its more likely to be ignorance/convenience than risk aversion.

ahnuld 11-18-2007 12:19 PM

honestly its due to ignorance, laziness and probably personal relationships with their banker if they are big clients. They feel loyalty to their bank even though its costing them money