Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Salazaar Owes Me 1k dollars. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544465)

Shizzle12345 11-12-2007 06:08 PM

Re: Salazaar Owes Me 1k dollars.

he should angle shoot and say that erica said it so the bet is off.

mlagoo 11-12-2007 06:08 PM

i definitely agree with the idea that id never bet 1k (or anything, really) on something with some dude on the internet who i dont know/had no reason to believe is good for it. its pretty dumb. but that doesnt mean there wasnt a bet made.

maybe this fugu guy just doesnt hang around here much and figured someone who has been around 2p2 for a while/has a bunch of posts is a man of his word. thats obviously a pretty faulty assumption, but its certainly not the first time that mistake has been made, and i think its bad to simply go "lol, its the internet!", which is much more likely to encourage this sort of scamming than making a pariah out of those that take part on it.

that last sentence was pretty long.

rakemeplz 11-12-2007 06:09 PM

Words on an internet webpage. Gotta love 'em!

Orlando Salazar 11-12-2007 06:09 PM

...[ QUOTE ]

also theres no way salazaar ever gets paid if fugus is fos. you guys really think after zaar says "book it" fugus is gonna be look "lolutricked me, heres 1k."

get off yall high horses jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Victor doesn't even like my internet persona!

Orlando Salazar 11-12-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he should angle shoot and say that erica said it so the bet is off.

[/ QUOTE ]
A++

rakemeplz 11-12-2007 06:11 PM

OP, are you sure the bet wasn't made in doll hairs?

Orlando Salazar 11-12-2007 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, are you sure the bet wasn't made in doll hairs?

[/ QUOTE ]
God, this thread just gets better!

T-God 11-12-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh pls you guys are idiots if you think that was a real bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this surprises me. why isnt it a real bet? A calls BS. B offers a bet. A offers terms. B (implicitly) agrees and again asks if A wants to bet. A books the bet.

what about that is "not real" other than the fact that A is salazar? it doesn't give you carte blanche to go around making and welching on bets just because you're generally regarded as a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a real bet because at no point whatsoever would I ever expect him to actually pay that bet, and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

As soon I read the "1k, booked" I assumed there was a 0% chance of Salazar actually paying this. Pretty sure I'm not the only one either.

Now maybe it SHOULD be a real bet, but no way I'd ever take someones word on the internet that I dont know and actually assumed they're going to pay. Ever.

But like I said, I'll bet 20k that the moon is made of cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

also theres no way salazaar ever gets paid if fugus is fos. you guys really think after zaar says "book it" fugus is gonna be look "lolutricked me, heres 1k."

get off yall high horses jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a stupid bet but it's a bet. You guys are [censored] retarded to say it wasn't a real bet.

"1k Booked"<----------

Ban Salazar for being a scumbag.

FiSheYe 11-12-2007 06:16 PM

[ ] Win decent monies in a bet
[x] getting screwed by one of the worst posters on the site
[ ] situation solved
[x] lesson learned the hard way

tomsOn 11-12-2007 06:19 PM

It's as real as agreeing to do a flip. And I don't think anyone here would defend Grimstarrs case.