Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Barry G Masterclass HORSE tourney (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543069)

BrandiFan 11-17-2007 06:28 PM

Re: Barry G Masterclass HORSE tourney

[ QUOTE ]
6th, didnt play very well, plus grinder was a pain in the ass on my direct left, playing every hand and hitting, 3 betting me a ton. I couldnt make a hand and didnt fight back very well.

Also, barry wasnt eligible for prizes, which makes it a pretty good value.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, grinder was spewing like crazy. Fossilman said he's eligible for prizes in the FPP stts they run. That's why I thought Barry would be...

betgo 11-17-2007 07:53 PM

It's good they increased the prize pool. There wasn't much value when Barry was a lock to win it.

LearnedfromTV 11-17-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good they increased the prize pool. There wasn't much value when Barry was a lock to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry didnt get paid. Because he made the top 4, fourth got third place money, etc.

mastr 11-17-2007 10:42 PM

i will def do this in future weeks and only reason i didn't this week is because i was busy, hell i didn't even play the 2500

MicroBob 11-18-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry didnt get paid. Because he made the top 4, fourth got third place money, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been helpful for that information to have been made known prior to the event.
That fact plus the prize-pool increase ended up making it a much better value than I initially thought.

ughaulkghalugh 11-18-2007 02:25 AM

wait really i thought they said whatever barry won would just go to charity

Boiler_bd 11-18-2007 03:52 AM

Barry was mistaken.

4th place netted me $0.

MicroBob 11-18-2007 04:13 AM

So Barry said that he wouldn't get paid and that the top 3 non-Barry players should get paid...and then it didn't happen?
Weird.

No idea how it works in the other star-SNG's. I guess I just assumed the Negreneau, Raymer, McEvoy etc kept any money they happened to win in those things.

LearnedfromTV 11-18-2007 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry was mistaken.

4th place netted me $0.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wp boiler, too bad that rush in the middle couldn't hold up for you.

weird that he said that and was wrong. It was a response to a direct question, not something I just assumed.

As far as proper equity/value, him getting paid (or charity or w/e) is fair. If the whole $7500 was for the 7 non-barry's it would be a premium fpp value.

barryg1 11-18-2007 01:29 PM

I'm working on that now.

Barry