Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Absolute poker and yet another SCAM! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538457)

aaokwitme 11-06-2007 12:53 AM

Re: Absolute poker and yet another SCAM!

I did not lie about anything, regardless of what you are seeing this event had 9,753 players no less. so if AP said 5,000 entrants than thats the lie. As far as the rebuys I don't rember the exact number but it was with in reason to my post I did not just make up a number.

ibluffoldladies 11-06-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tryed AP does not leave the screen up after the game is over

[/ QUOTE ]

Will AP players, what say ye?

Bobo Fett 11-06-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobo Fett
with rebuys and add ons I would have thought the prize pool would be $4500- $5500 and not $200, thats why I thought the AP challenge was gona be around $1000 each player. If nothing else where did the $4500 or $5500 go? It did not go to the free roll, nor did it go to the AP challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, if those numbers are correct, there's something fishy going on. But are those numbers correct? I find it VERY hard to believe that 7,000 people are going to rebuy in a freeroll, no matter how cheap it is. Someone else has posted some figures from current freerolls, and there are more like 100-150 rebuys/addons. Seems odd that there would be 50-70 TIMES more rebuys in the one you played in, no? I suspect you may be remembering the number incorrectly.

Don't get me wrong, I think that after the AP scandal, most people here are more than happy to pile on to AP if they have reason to. If your numbers are right, there's reason to. My guess would be that your numbers are wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: Corrected number of rebuys/addons.

RikaKazak 11-06-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are bad at math and many other things im sure

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

crashjr 11-06-2007 01:40 AM

The AP Challenge is just a restricted $1k freeroll held every weekend for top tourney finishers. You can get an entry by finishing in the top X spots in certain tournaments (X depending upon the tournament). I used to play the AP 3r tournaments and the top 3 would get entry. Looking in the lobbies, the $50 10k running now gives 12 entries to the AP challenge, the $5 1.5k gtd. gives 6 entries, etc. The ticket value of the challenge is less than $2, so I never played it.

OP, I am pretty sure you are wrong about all of this.

Rainbow Warrior 11-06-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tryed AP does not leave the screen up after the game is over

[/ QUOTE ]

Will AP players, what say ye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough...

I have played the AP challenge a dozen times final-tabling twice.

Exactly $1k prize pool donated by AP.

Win entry by finishing well in any number of weekly tournies. For 700 entries that would mean about 20 tournies a day average the top 5 qualifying.

I won my all my entries in the 11pm nightly $11 Omaha hi tourney. However, the AP challenge is NLHE.

The OP won $53 in his rebuy freeroll. Winner of these gets 23% of prize pool. Therefore total pool was $230. With $50 added by AP the total rebuys and add-ons bought would be 397. The MOST for the last six 5000max player tournies was 149 r+a's.
For the larger tourney the OP played in 397 rebuys makes sense.

The Math --- 397 x 50 cents x .91 (yeh, the fkers rake these 9%) = $180.63 + $50 = $230.63 x 23% = $53.04

The average rebuy rate of the last six is ONLY 2.4%
Very very few players rebuy. -EV bigtime.
For the OP's tourney it could easily have been 4.07% (x9753 = 397) giving us the Math calculation above.

Sorry OP, I know you're steamin', but what they showed you or what you saw regarding rebuys makes no sense.

Fun thread though...

Rainbow...

NFuego20 11-06-2007 04:16 AM

LOL

TheJokerIsWild 11-06-2007 06:49 AM

Thank you Rainbow.

OP: Can you please shutup now and go away?
kthxbye

phiphika1453 11-06-2007 11:49 AM

How did this idiot win a tournament?

LOLdonkaments, its so true.