Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   PokerFink's 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 8) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536188)

PokerFink 11-01-2007 06:32 PM

Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 8)

[ QUOTE ]
so, based on these guidelines, what you're saying is even if NO finishes above carolina but neither make the playoffs, and carolina is ranked better by DVOA or whatever, you'd rank the panthers higher?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. My rankings are what the final standings are most likely to look like. Teams that have a good chance to finish with the same record (such as Washington and Detroit) are seperated by a head-to-head tiebreaker when applicable. There is no Week 17 rankings, because at that point the standings are final anyways.

How do I project each team? Current record, current form, overall form (ie DVOA), injuries, schedule, not necessarily in that order.

kyro 11-01-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes they did! kyro honestly, come out and say it, did you watch any of their games?
take the game against the titans. it was close until the 4th. the saints put together really good drives all game. some came apart because of fluke turnovers that are really out of character for them, especially brees. this cost them the game. but to say that they completely sucked all season is completely off base. i can't talk for the colts game because i didn't see it, but whatever, it was the colts anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw most of the Colts game and part of the Titans game. I thought the Titans were ahead the entire way, but obviously I'm wrong. Still. blown out by the Colts, blown out by the Bucs, and giving up 31 points to the Titans at home, then losing at home to Carolina. They were like 30th in DVOA at that point. Like I said, they weren't playing good football.

yjbrewer 11-01-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok your statement wasnt towards me. No retalliation due. GG and have fun all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it was. It was directed completely at you.

Ban yourself the Giants have a damn good defense and [censored] u and your moderation.

Jack of Arcades 11-01-2007 07:20 PM

yj,

The reason the Giants are #5 is because his top four spots are reserved for division winners.

JoA

Tyler Durden 11-01-2007 07:31 PM

The Sporting Events forum should have an NFL/Fantasy Football subforum.

Anyone w/ me?

lastchance 11-01-2007 07:36 PM

YJ, DYSWYRD?

tdarko 11-05-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is correct.

[censored] Dallas! [censored] em. [censored] those [censored]. I hate you [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] Dallas [censored] Cowgirls [censored] [censored] [censored] Romo [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] TO [censored] [censored]. [censored] youuuuuuu!

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahahhahahbhahhbahhhbhahbhahbahhahahahhahahahaha ...*catches breath*bhahahbahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahhahahhahaa hahhaha

j555 11-05-2007 11:29 AM

In the last 4 weeks the Giants have beaten the 49ers, Dolphins, Jets, and Atlanta. Their defense must be really good to shut down arguably 4 of the worst 5 teams in the entire NFL!