Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   63s level 1 WCOOP ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523607)

g-p 10-16-2007 10:33 AM

Re: 63s level 1 WCOOP ME

"I also think 63s is stronger with 400xBB. A hand like AJo goes down in value and suited gappers go up. "

ill take big cards in position vs your suited connectors 400bb deep every time, most people would. this type of stuff will get you in trouble in tough fields.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I didn't want to go allin with flush draw and pair on the flop this deep.

[/ QUOTE ]
is there any actuial thought out logic here? this sentence is like saying "never draw to inside straights." its vague enough that it might only mean something to complete beginners. you want to semibluff with this hand for all the reasons you would semibluff anything.

FE + PE + OOP = SEMIBLUFF

Hattifnatt 10-16-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could have sworn on my bustout hand Betgo said fold preflop despite having a much better hand and being in position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much better hand? Low suited gappers are the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw 65s > 64s >>> 63s

ASPoker8 10-16-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could have sworn on my bustout hand Betgo said fold preflop despite having a much better hand and being in position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much better hand? Low suited gappers are the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
fwiw 65s > 64s >>> 63s

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw 65s > 64s >>> 63s >>>>> 62s

registrar 10-16-2007 10:55 AM

Glad we cleared that up.

betgo 10-16-2007 10:56 AM

You can semibluff with low flush draw and pair, but I didn't want to set up bet/3-bet, because if you get allin, you are generally up against a set.

Maybe the pot in big enough with the reraise that I could play to get allin here. I have no problem with getting allin the first level of the WCOOP ME with this hand if it is a good play.

KneeCo 10-16-2007 11:27 AM

Betgo,

I just want you to know the following things have all been said by you in this thread:
[ QUOTE ]
It is easier to play, because you get more draws you can play strongly

[/ QUOTE ]+
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t875) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t450</font>, Hero calls t450.

Turn: (t1775) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t850</font>, Hero calls t850.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is deeper money and my hand is sooted. I really prefer low suited cards to medium unsuited cards with deep money.

[/ QUOTE ]+
[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I didn't want to go allin with flush draw and pair on the flop this deep. I wonder if I should have played it more aggressively on the flop and turn. I really don't know how to play this hand with 400xBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else, can we just agree that you were lost in this hand for a lot of reasons and that if one of your outs doesn't hit you are checking the river and losing the pot 100% of the time.

KneeCo 10-16-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with getting allin the first level of the WCOOP ME with this hand if it is a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to all the hands you don't want to get all-in with even if it is a good play?

"It's a good play to go all-in, but I'm going to fold because my hand is KK"

getballed 10-16-2007 11:40 AM

I dont like the raise PF but its fine to change it up once in a while for deception and you can stack top pairs/AK/AQ if you hit a straight.

I think you could of bet more on the river here, doesnt look like he is going anywhere and if villain is a thinking player a bet on the river looks like you are trying to bet a scarecard and to steal the pot. Bet 2500+.

Didnt anyone else notice that villain is a complete donk and re-raised with AJ

adanthar 10-16-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didnt anyone else notice that villain is a complete donk and re-raised with AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

he got 63s to call, so I'm not seeing the problem here

betgo 10-16-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo,

I just want you to know the following things have all been said by you in this thread:
[ QUOTE ]
It is easier to play, because you get more draws you can play strongly

[/ QUOTE ]+
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t875) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t450</font>, Hero calls t450.

Turn: (t1775) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t850</font>, Hero calls t850.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is deeper money and my hand is sooted. I really prefer low suited cards to medium unsuited cards with deep money.

[/ QUOTE ]+
[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I didn't want to go allin with flush draw and pair on the flop this deep. I wonder if I should have played it more aggressively on the flop and turn. I really don't know how to play this hand with 400xBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else, can we just agree that you were lost in this hand for a lot of reasons and that if one of your outs doesn't hit you are checking the river and losing the pot 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I don't know if I played it well. That's why I posted it. Playing hands like this does set up interesting problems postflop.

If I miss on the river, I may bluff or try to showdown my pair. Since villain has TPTK, he probably doesn't fold the river. He didn't fold with the 3-flush out there. However, I might fold an underpair.