Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

Dromar 10-26-2007 09:51 AM

Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
the wii comes with guitar for $89

advantages:
wireless(!)
quieter strum bar
speaker in guitar (so when playing multi-player, u'll know it was u that messed up)
vibration in guitar
wii will have d/lable content in near future (but not at launch)
u will likely want to eventually get gh4/5/etc

[/ QUOTE ]

good points. I'll probably pick up the wii version then.

I don't know how much I like the idea of a speaker or vibrator in the guitar, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.

fiskebent 10-26-2007 11:20 AM

The rumors are that it's region free on the 360. I think I'll order a copy. I can't wait for the EU release on Nov 23rd.

jonnyd 10-26-2007 01:09 PM

the demo is sick. i cant wait for sunday

Ghazban 10-26-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the demo is sick. i cant wait for midnight on Saturday

[/ QUOTE ]

Grue 10-27-2007 05:08 PM

hmm if I go to a wal mart tonight at midnight will I be able to pick up the game?

J-P 10-27-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm if I go to a wal mart tonight at midnight will I be able to pick up the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, dunno if walmart will be selling them at midnight, worth a shot to call them and ask though. I know most gamestops are opening up at midnight to sell it if you have any of those in the area.

Ghazban 10-27-2007 08:39 PM

There is a list on the 'net of Gamestops and Best Buys doing the midnight thing; I can't seem to find it though....

Sooga 10-27-2007 08:42 PM

Should I have huge difficulties locating this game tomorrow? I know that in general, hardware can sell out quickly everywhere, software can usually always be found somewhere. But will the fact this guitar hero includes the guitar affect availability at all? Or should I be able to find it somewhere tomorrow?

DukeSucks 10-27-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a list on the 'net of Gamestops and Best Buys doing the midnight thing; I can't seem to find it though....

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamestop (click on Midnight openings)

Best Buy (link is at bottom of page)

Edge34 10-27-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have huge difficulties locating this game tomorrow? I know that in general, hardware can sell out quickly everywhere, software can usually always be found somewhere. But will the fact this guitar hero includes the guitar affect availability at all? Or should I be able to find it somewhere tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to a friend at Best Buy today who said the store here in St. Cloud, MN has over 100 copies. That said, they're expecting it to sell out FAST and I will be there at opening.