Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   advice for first time home buyer? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519112)

Thremp 10-10-2007 03:36 PM

Re: advice for first time home buyer?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key to this whole discussion is the location of the OP. He is in Alabama. Prices there haven't gone crazy like other parts of the country. He shouldn't really worry about market timing, since its likely that Huntsville isn't in much of a bubble. Please keep that in mind when responding to his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've made this argument a zillion times. :/

Bicycles_Biatch 10-10-2007 04:27 PM

how much are you looking at putting down? As a first time home buyer in the current climate... I think you're going to have to look into at least 10% down + closing costs (probably about $2K due to your projected purchase price).

BTW... to the contrary... your student loans and CC payoff for your wife is actually going to be very helpful in proving to a lender your ability to repay debt.

the 15 year loan is hovering around 6.375% or so... you can use any ammortization calculator on line to work out different payments. If you only put 10% down... the additional 10% down will be a "2nd mortgage" at a higher rate, probably around 9%.

prohornblower 10-10-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry man, I got through like 1 page of responses and I had to stop reading cause it's tilting me.

I can honestly tell you that you're getting advice from people who are pretending to know more than they actually do..

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't just say this. Point out what you believe is wrong. It will help the forum. Otherwise you are just entering a pissing contest. If I said something wrong, please educate me and all other readers.

Not sure if this makes sense as I was 14-tabling short handed $1M/$2M PLO. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

scotchnrocks 10-10-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry man, I got through like 1 page of responses and I had to stop reading cause it's tilting me.

I can honestly tell you that you're getting advice from people who are pretending to know more than they actually do..

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't just say this. Point out what you believe is wrong. It will help the forum. Otherwise you are just entering a pissing contest. If I said something wrong, please educate me and all other readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to read this twice when I first saw it. He discredits most all of the early advice and then more or less repeats it lol.

ImsaKidd 10-11-2007 12:19 AM

Guys whether or not Rika has semantics correct, I think he knows his [censored] about RE and would trust him over the vast majority of other people.