Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   This is an insta..... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489910)

Big_Jim 09-01-2007 01:59 AM

Re: This is an insta.....

This is an easy fold vs most unknowns, though, IMO. Classic Baluga Theorem.

aislephive 09-01-2007 02:01 AM

I think it's a lot closer to a fold now, I didn't realize how small his turn raise size was. That's rarely ever a draw. If he made it $220 or shoved I'd get it in for sure, though.

jlocdog 09-01-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn if you don't know what to do vs a check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did know what to do. I shoved. I just knew wrong..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jlocdog 09-01-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be clear by all my posts throughout the thread that a fold was the right play. Hindsight can be a bitch though.

Big_Jim 09-01-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn if you don't know what to do vs a check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did know what to do. I shoved. I just knew wrong..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess where you stopped the action made me think otherwise.

You really shouldn't ever make that turn bet w/o a plan for what to do when you get popped.

Obv that plan is variable depending on who you're playing against, as is your decision to bet the turn in the first place, but the important thing is to have a plan.

MyPTBB100isPOOP 09-01-2007 05:35 AM

I am confused. Are you all playing in the same games I am, is it really necessary to get it in so marginally? I dont see us having any edge vs his range. When he shows you somehting that indicates otherwise, then sure get it in here, but until then a fold seems standard.

ArturiusX 09-01-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused. Are you all playing in the same games I am, is it really necessary to get it in so marginally? I dont see us having any edge vs his range. When he shows you somehting that indicates otherwise, then sure get it in here, but until then a fold seems standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the pot is already so large.

SEABEAST 09-01-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold i would never shove

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
edit: hadn't seen results yet, but i just dont see what people expect an unknown villain to have here other than a set or 86 (maybe AA)

jfish 09-01-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can show you so many examples where this isnt true. he has tp with a worse kicker in his range i guarantee it.

edit: it still might be a fold, but i dont think its an instafold or a "very easy" fold.

jlocdog 09-01-2007 03:52 PM

I personally don't think it is an insta anything at all. I posed the the question like this on purpose to see how people responded/reacted to it though.