Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   WPT Poker by the Book 2 thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478557)

DonkeyChip 08-20-2007 11:22 AM

Re: WPT Poker by the Book 2 thread

[ QUOTE ]

You know who else didn't get invited to the first one? Chan, Negreanu, Harrington, Esfandiari, or Greenstein. Yet they didn't bitch quite as much...

[/ QUOTE ]
Had those guys even written a book when the first one was held? In the first one they had Phil Hellmuth who was fairly new to poker-book-authoring. McEvoy had been writing for a while.

So...Poker by the Book III...will we get Mason or Ed Miller? IMO either one of those guys should've gotten a seat at PBTB II before a few of these guys. Seems that Negreanu, Esfandiari, Chan, and Greenstien were there because they were well known players who just happen to have written a book recently.

PokrLikeItsProse 08-20-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So...Poker by the Book III...will we get Mason or Ed Miller? IMO either one of those guys should've gotten a seat at PBTB II before a few of these guys. Seems that Negreanu, Esfandiari, Chan, and Greenstien were there because they were well known players who just happen to have written a book recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want them to invite Gary Carson and Mason Malmuth and put them beside each other at the same table.

No Fizzle 08-20-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is my dream that the WPT invite Rock Banker to PBTB 3. My wet, sticky dream.

charliecozz 08-20-2007 01:52 PM

I hate Greenstein-he is such a bore and so so weird-what's with only dating asian chicks?? I agree that Johnny Chan and him can't stand each other. And if you're not going to hold up the beer, get the F off my TV and don't participate in the tournament.

jogsxyz 08-20-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Greenstein-he is such a bore and so so weird-what's with only dating asian chicks?? I agree that Johnny Chan and him can't stand each other. And if you're not going to hold up the beer, get the F off my TV and don't participate in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give that beer to Scotty. Scotty wouldn't pass on a beer.

Dima2000123 08-20-2007 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know who else didn't get invited to the first one? Chan, Negreanu, Harrington, Esfandiari, or Greenstein. Yet they didn't bitch quite as much...

[/ QUOTE ]
To be fair, McEvoy deserved to be on the first show a lot more than Sexton or Hellmuth. And the second episode was a complete joke, with only two real poker book authors in the field.

Moneyball16 08-20-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I dont see how anyone can hate Barry. He seems to be a great guy, a great poker player and a humanitarian. Anyone should be proud to end up like Barry. I agree that he should have held up the beer this episode because it was a freeroll that was basically an excuse to pimp out the players books, but I agreed with him when he didnt hold up the beer before when the sponsers gave nothing to the players.

Zorlac 08-20-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one, twice, three times a moron.

.Z

Eponymous 08-20-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can anyone hate on a guy for dating only Asian women? Especially when they're as hot as the ones he dates. Who could blame him?

I'd rather watch him than 99% of the players out there. He's a class act. Never shows anyone up, even when he's given every opportunity (like when Hellmuth beat him into the pot on HSP). He also has a lot more intelligent things to say than most players. I don't find that boring. I get bored with Humberto and his chark. I'll take Barry anyday.

WutRUTryin2Hit 08-23-2007 02:53 AM

The thing I thought was funny about this episode was Greenstein (who btw I love) trying to sneak "I got Greensteined" into the poker lexicon, I mean come on, noone is really saying that are they?

I don't think I'd even know what someone meant if they told me they got Greensteined, I'd just be like "oh yeah? You mean some asian chick blew you .. off a hand?".