Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Will the Trop (AC) ever serve real beer? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468822)

Death Valley 08-06-2007 05:23 PM

Re: Will the Trop (AC) ever serve real beer?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a rant. My apologies if you don't sympathize.

I like beer, real beer like Heineken, Sam Adams, etc. I like to play poker and drink beer. It's true and I don't deny it. Is that so wrong?

I get cheap rooms at Trop so I stay there. The problem is I don't like Natural Lite served in cups the size of urine samples. I also don't like slow cocktail waitresses that look like the Sea Hag and Alice the Goon.

I like Borgata. The Borg is a class act in every way. I can't get a cheap room at Borgata.

How do I solve this dilemma? Please don’t say stop drinking while playing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take the escalator down to the bar (fire waters?) and buy a 6 pack and return to the table, they carry over 100 different beers.
You get cheap room and pay for the beer but you get great beer

cmurl904 08-06-2007 08:35 PM

Trop also used to spread a pretty good 10/20/30 stud game. This was up until about late 2005.

ackid 08-06-2007 09:29 PM

Just drink a coors light and STFU!!

jenson 08-06-2007 10:21 PM

It's a problem because I need to play the requisite 4+ hours at the Trop to qualify for the poker rate. I do play over at the Borg on my way to and from the Trop but while I'm in town for a night or two I'm not going to go back and forth to the Borg.

Anyhoo, I have solved the problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I brought my own cooler filled with Heineken keg cans to my table at the Trop on Sunday night. It fit six beers and I kept it right under my seat.

Did I look like a degenerate? Yes! Do I care? No, not one bit. After a couple of beers I didn't even bother to pour them into plastic cups. F the Trop and their urine sample sized plastic cups of Miller Lite or whatever it is.

By the way, nobody said a word about it. Not the floor, not the dealers, not the players and not the Alice the Goon lookalike cocktail waitress.

boscoboy 08-06-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and beers you enjoy are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duvel (Dam you Mat Sklansky!). Chimay. Guinness. Flat Tire. Bass Ale. Poker is a real man's game, real men drink real beer.

RR - please to be banning for not knowing real beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew if i hung around long enough TT would make me laugh

boscoboy 08-06-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just drink a coors light and STFU!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross! even free this is a bad beat

Mike Gallo 08-06-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trop also used to spread a pretty good 10/20/30 stud game. This was up until about late 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in the $5-$10-$15 stud game, never the $10-$20-$30.

VORP 08-07-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I brought my own cooler filled with Heineken keg cans to my table at the Trop on Sunday night. It fit six beers and I kept it right under my seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome!