Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Disturbing e-mail from amazon.co.uk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455127)

burningyen 07-26-2007 09:52 AM

Re: Disturbing e-mail from amazon.co.uk

I just got the same e-mail from Amazon (ordered on 7/2, was supposed to arrive by 7/30, now told it would be 8/17-8/24). I canceled my order and will be buying it the old-fashioned way at B&N.

gharp 07-26-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the same e-mail from amazon.com (USA) -- my estimated shipping date is "08/07/2007 - 08/14/2007". *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I cancelled the amazon order on Monday, ordered from conjelco and it arrived today (2-day shipping).

sputum 07-27-2007 11:27 AM

Ordered mine a week ago (Conjelco) arrived yesterday (UK) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
EDIT: EMS if that helps

MadMat 08-01-2007 04:51 AM

My book arrived in the UK today, ordered on 25/7, despatched on 26/7 using the cheapest option from Profesional poker.

Very impressed with the service! and don't see much point in paying for the more expensive postage options when the basic option is that fast!

Mat

dwf76 08-01-2007 04:59 AM

Think someones got it in for me, ordered mine from Professional poker on the 21st using priority international mail and still waiting.

And then this morning Amazon send me this.

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Alan N. Schoonmaker (Author) "Your Worst Poker Enemy: Master the
Mental Game" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 03/01/08 - 05/01/08

Professionalpoker 08-01-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My book arrived in the UK today, ordered on 25/7, despatched on 26/7 using the cheapest option from Profesional poker.

Very impressed with the service! and don't see much point in paying for the more expensive postage options when the basic option is that fast!

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mat,

If you order one item for international shipping and pay for the cheaper first class service, when possible I put it into a flat rate priority envelope = free upgrade. Cost me about the same for either service so I try to get it to you faster. If you order more than one item, I cant fit it into the envelope so the cheapest service will take a while.
Mike

Professionalpoker 08-01-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And then this morning Amazon send me this.

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Alan N. Schoonmaker (Author) "Your Worst Poker Enemy: Master the
Mental Game" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 03/01/08 - 05/01/08

[/ QUOTE ]

That cant be right. It is a current title. I have a few left in stock and more on order.
Mike

daveymck 08-01-2007 02:38 PM

High stakes have the book in stock now and are shipping mine the next couple of days, Amazon was saying September when I cancelled my order the other day.

Edit Site still says preorder but got an email from them yesterday saying I would have it in hand within 7 days.

dirty banana2007 08-10-2007 04:39 PM

I just got an email from Amazon UK that my SnG book is now being delivered!!

Unfortunately i still have to wait for my copy of PNL... oh well hopefully it wont be too much longer...

KarlAnthony 08-12-2007 05:18 PM

Dirty Banana,
I got the same e-mail, just got another one to say PNL is on it's way too.
SNG book estimated arrival is Tuesday 14th
PNL estimated arrival Thursday 16th