Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pregnant GF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377616)

hamsamich 04-13-2007 12:05 PM

Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
adoption?

[/ QUOTE ]
jesus blin try to pay attention....He's already got one on the way that he doesn't want why on earth would he want to go and adopt a seco......ohhhh....wait.....I get it.
Yea dude....do THAT.
btw I can't believe I scanned this entire thread and did not see ONE request for pics of the hot 20 something preggo chic. What the @#$! is going on in this place??
Dude....save a life. Give the baby up for adoption and get some pics of her cute little belly up here ASAP.....mmmkay....that would be greeeaaatt

iron81 04-13-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Before she is allowed to have the abortion, she must go to counseling or some type of meetings... not exactly sure on this one.

-She must write a letter to her baby apoligizing for what she is going to do. This seems kind of sick, but all the places here make you do that. Reading the letters from other mothers who have gone through with it are apparently enough to make you never want to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? no.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't be sure because the OP doesn't say what state he's from, but its possible. Some states have laws requiring women to hear about the consequences of an abortion before they can get one. That writing a letter to her baby thing doesn't seem like a law, but if the area as Christian as he says it is, I can imagine clinics doing that.

Also, there is a phenomenon called "crisis pregnancy centers" that act like Planned Parenthood clinics and offer services to pregnant women but try to talk them out of an abortion at all costs. The OP's girlfriend might think she's talking to an abortion clinic but is actually talking to one of these centers.

SackUp 04-13-2007 12:19 PM

You need to grow up quick regardless of the decision. You need to be a man and be there for this girl - end of discussion. If not you should consider taking you own life before you take that of the kid - the kid will have a chance to help society, your selfish nature will only suck from it.

Tmoney120 04-13-2007 12:31 PM

I don't even know where to begin with this. Here are some quotes from the originial poster.

1. "I hate to think about it, but if she still intends on having this child, I can see myself leaving her before the 9 months are even over."

You are an immature pussy.

2. "I dont want to regret giving up my dreams and ambitions for the rest of my life."
You are obviously selfish.

3. "For the first week after we figured out, it was pretty much business as usual. She only drank once, but we smoke daily. Now that she decided she wants it, she is giving up drinking, but will still continue to smoke daily. She has a friend who told us that pot isnt bad for a fetus (WTF?????). "

I will agree with the fact that the two of you are not ready to be parents.

4. "I have heard a lot of "This is your child, it is your responsibility to love/support/etc" this past week. My problem though, is that I still do not see it as a child. I see it as an opportunity that I do not yet want to take"

Your girlfriend is already pregnant, so whether you like it or not , regardless of your screwed up perspective on this entire situation, the fetus inside of her is much more than an opportunity. You have the opportunity to be a man or be a bitch, of which the latter is sounding like the route you are taking.

5. "I can already feel a lot of resentment boiling up due to the rest of my life being decided by her."

Again, selfish and douchebag-ish. Anyone who has sex knows there is a chance, even a tiny chance if you use birth control, of a pregnancy. Your life is not being decided by her. You had sex and got a girl pregnant, and that was a decision you made.

As far as jackdaniels' comments on you not having any say, you absolutely can try and convince her to do what you want, but the final deicison to have an abortion is up to her, without a doubt.

jack, it is her body, so it is her choice. However, when she has the kid, the kid has a father that becomes financially responsible for the kid. If you get a girl pregnant you can't honestly expect her to have an abortion or release you from your responsibility. That is not the way it works and it is not the way it should work.

stabn 04-13-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man this mod forum post in question has tons of nude chicks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know where Mat found those Scarlett J pictures? OMFG.....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really annoying when mods hijack a thread like this. No one cares about the secret mod forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're just taking out their anger in humor - they have to read nation's [censored] all the time there

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a little from Column A, little from Column B.

Plus, Homer, you're lying about not caring wrt the mod forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus homer hijacks oot threads and turns them into [censored] bicker fests all the time.

For op,

That situation sucks, no idea what you should do.

Homer 04-13-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really annoying when mods hijack a thread like this. No one cares about the secret mod forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're just taking out their anger in humor - they have to read nation's [censored] all the time there

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus homer hijacks oot threads and turns them into [censored] bicker fests all the time.

For op,

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had me blocked.

41eater 04-13-2007 12:41 PM

A couple reality checks.

First, while I'm sure much of the "run, OP, run" advice is made in jest, you must know that this is a life-altering option. You will never again be the same person if you cut and run at this critical stage.

Second, you should also understand that if you are able to persuade your GF to have an abortion, that would in all likelihood be the end of your relationship. Maybe your relationship could withstand that kind of stress, but many wouldn't.

My single-digit post count will tell you that I'm not a big believer in internet message boards, though I do stop by this one several times a week. But I question whether any of us will be able to give you good advice. There must be someone who is a good listener -- a family member, a good friend, a teacher -- who knows both of you. Confide in that person. Share everything.

Finally, you and your GF must wrestle with this decision now. She needs to have an ultrasound to see if the fetus is healthy -- they should be able to detect a heartbeat at 9 weeks. You shouldn't be counting on a miscarriage. While many women do miscarry in the first-trimester, and your GF's alcohol and drug use aren't advisable, the chances are pretty great that she isn't going to miscarry. If you care about her, and her future fertility, she needs to make this decision ASAP. An abortion only gets more difficult (medically) as the weeks go by.

Good luck.

stabn 04-13-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For op,

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had me blocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I only read your posts in kyleb's quote.

kyleb 04-13-2007 12:43 PM

Now I know you're lying.

entertainme 04-13-2007 12:45 PM

Congratulations Daddy!

Seriously, you played but thought there's never a chance you're gonna pay?

Stop thinking in any way she's betrayed you by following her natural instincts and the foundation she's grown up with, or wishing the kid somehow won't make it. Grow up.

Go read some sites about the emotional aftermath of abortion even when women were 100% that it's what they wanted. It's brutal.

While I understand this isn't the map you've laid out for yourself, these are the cards you've been dealt. That's life.