Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   RE: what to do thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360461)

Dids 03-22-2007 05:50 PM

Re: RE: what to do thread

A few thoughts.

No Trainwrecks shouldn't be a OOT specific rule in the least.

Under current rules I think that thread is fine, but given El D's suggestions, those are the types of threads that become iffy. And yeah, if they do that cramps people's style somewhat.

Gild, there's a difference betwene "hey I scored with a 17 year old I ruled" and "hey bbv who should I mindfuck these underage girls".

private joker 03-22-2007 05:52 PM

I disagree. I think I have a pretty good bullsh|t meter and can detect the made up crap on 2+2, but so many details about ipot's stories are completely authentic. I've had crazy stuff like that happen to me in my days, but I'd never be so retarded as to post about it on a public internets. Still, it's a great thread and the honesty of it is what makes it so compelling.

He's also doing such a good job of preventing trainwrecks you know there's a large degree of truth to it. Otherwise he wouldn't care.

EDIT: The "I disagree" was a response to jman's skepticism.

Gildwulf 03-22-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gild, there's a difference betwene "hey I scored with a 17 year old I ruled" and "hey bbv who should I mindfuck these underage girls".

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this any different from the PUA [censored] that goes on in OOT? It's all a bunch of phony crap to pick up random girls.

If it's that they are underage, I think OP is 20 (sophomore in college) and girls are 16-18? I dunno, not as gross as you are making it out to be.

El Diablo 03-22-2007 06:34 PM

Gild,

I don't think there's anything wrong with a 19yo hooking up w/ 17yo high school chicks.

However, if 2+2 were to be sued by some kid's parents, I bet stuff like threads discussing banging underage chicks or threads discussing drug use and other illegal crap by minors would be used as evidence against 2+2.

This of course sucks, but it's also reality. That's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with this crap.

Dids 03-22-2007 06:55 PM

PJ,

I'd like to think my BS meter is pretty good, and I think it's real as well.

Diablo just made my point better than I could about that thread.

Mat Sklansky 03-22-2007 07:49 PM

David tells me all of this is perfectly ok.

He doesn't understand why a 19 year old man would want to go out with old ladies, but it's all fine.

Mat Sklansky 03-22-2007 07:50 PM

Does this seem like a good thread to pay a lawyer to analyze, or should we wait for something "juicier"?

El Diablo 03-22-2007 08:02 PM

Mat,

I think the Grimstarr (help me find Rick) and Vig (let's find out the real story w/ Vig) threads are probably better ones to ask a lawyer about. The question to ask is what kind of liability (if any) would 2+2 face if something happened to Vig or Rick after those threads and they sued 2+2. I have no idea how serious or not a consideration this stuff is in a message forum like this. My guess would be that this is all grey area stuff w/ limited case law precedent.

Gildwulf 03-22-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this seem like a good thread to pay a lawyer to analyze, or should we wait for something "juicier"?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty juicy

adanthar 03-22-2007 10:55 PM

nah this one's not that interesting. a guy sleeps with a girl, both are (presumably) of legal age, no crime is committed/nobody cares. fortunately, we haven't gotten to the point where legal girl A's parents can sue guy B for being a dick, much less guy's B random internet message board he posts on. (things might be different if girl A is illegal in her state, but not different enough to care about it if you're the message board. they might also be different if he posts nudes or w/e.)

now, if somebody were to go stalk vig IRL, there are potential scenarios where 2+2 might have a problem.