Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

I will probably be voting Scott tonight if there is room to do so. I think I know a wolf already, but I will hold on to that for a bit.

dmk 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

ok, i don't know wtf is going on w/ this game

just give me a cupcake and i'll be happy

are these cliffnotes accurate? you get 1 vote/day. top 3 vote-getters at end of day vote for lynch.

thats it, right? my head hurts

amplify 01-16-2007 12:36 PM

fnord is a bit inscrutable to me so I

support wdcbooks

Thebram 01-16-2007 12:37 PM

I said it because I was about to post that I didnt like amp's first garbage post, but I liked xorbie's enthusiasum post. But then I didnt like the quick vote.

Much like I liked books' first post, but then didnt like his list.

Boiler? wtf, you cant be serious

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 12:37 PM

I will strongly consider voting for anyone who promises to fix the server without raising taxes.

Stephen H 01-16-2007 12:38 PM

I'm good. Support me! My platform is that I'm not a crazy SOB.
The rules for this game are fascinating.
9 wolves seems like a lot, especially when wolves may control the vote any particular day. Confirmed villagers are probably more valuable than finding a few of the wolves, so that we have good candidates to elect. Seers should consider that when selecting peeks and deciding when to come out - we need alive peeks. I think we have a few villagers who can prove a role-claim, too, so those who can should consider when they should claim as well.
We need to make sure that by the end of day 4 we have a decent number of people eligible for the board; we don't want to get trapped with a small number. I think our goal for the end of day 3 should be to have elected 9 different people.
The assassin is an interesting role. If it was a wide open kill, I'd say fire away for sure. Since it's restricted to the electorate, it's less likely to be good, I think. We'll definately want to use it later when we have a lot of candidates for the kill; for tonight, I'd say hold your fire unless you have a real suspicion of wolfiness. By tomorrow night, if we get 6 different candidates, there's a decent chance there's a wolf in there so feel free to fire (and since eligibility passes to someone else, we don't lose our # of candidates)

traz 01-16-2007 12:38 PM

Also, voting for a wolf isn't the end of the world, though i suppose voting for 2 wolves is pretty bad

Spook 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo the following people should all have a vote by tomorrow:

books
soah
luckay
shortline
iron yuppie
thebram
spook

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the logic behind this list? A couple of weak players and some wolf buddies? I don't see a lot of BCS names on that list and you are posting before some have even gotten into the thread.

xorbie 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

if you support me ill lynch jeremy!

traz 01-16-2007 12:41 PM

Also, it may seem egotistical, but I'm going to just go ahead and tell them doctors to RAND MY PROTECTION, IF YOU DON'T FULLY TRUST ME.

The dynamic of this game means I'll be a target for n1 kill, where as usually I don't die that much n1. So yea, Rand between me, shortline, xorbie etc...This game, more than others, the wolves NEED to get rid of smart villagers.

The fact that I've posted this means the wolves will have to carefully think about killing me now...so that helps a little at least ;P