Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227669)

T-God 10-05-2006 11:54 PM

Re: Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread

Everyone: Sens are on pace for a perfect season.

MarkSummers 10-06-2006 12:12 AM

It's only the 2nd intermission, but the 15 year 67 million dollar goalie has been shelled for 6 goals on 32 shots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wonder how many are actually his fault. God, what a disaster this season is going to be on the Island. I don't live on LI, but I'm planning on catching a few games in Montreal and or Buffalo. If I do go, it's looking like I'm going to have to wear a paper bag over my head.

Triumph36 10-06-2006 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only the 2nd intermission, but the 15 year 67 million dollar goalie has been shelled for 6 goals on 32 shots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wonder how many are actually his fault. God, what a disaster this season is going to be on the Island. I don't live on LI, but I'm planning on catching a few games in Montreal and or Buffalo. If I do go, it's looking like I'm going to have to wear a paper bag over my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spare yourself the pain. This team is going to be bad and they won't stop being bad for a very long time.

To the Islanders fans out there: I suggest training yourself to play hockey. If you get good enough, you might become the Islanders' backup and be in line to become their next GM - and perhaps you can fix this mess.

MyTurn2Raise 10-06-2006 01:40 AM

woohooo....Blues get a goal with 5.6 seconds left in the third to salvage a point

they lost in the OT of course

promising first game against a solid Cup contender

evank15 10-06-2006 01:54 AM

Flames looked lazy in a 3-1 loss to the greaseballs.

Rematch on Sat night in Calgary.

Wes Mantooth 10-06-2006 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lundqvist makes up the difference - he's a top five goalie in the league...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, after just one season Lundqvist has been too inconsistent to be considered a top 5 goalie.

Sunny Mehta 10-06-2006 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Carolina Hurricanes are going to do another banner-raising on Friday night against New Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

how brutal that in the first game of the season, Devils fans have to not only see the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year, but watch them raise their Stanley Cup banner.....maybe it'll get Gionta and the boys fired up....

WayAbvPar 10-06-2006 03:24 PM

I was seriously (and happily) surprised by the Canucks last night. They played a fantastic game, and I now have a hetero mancrush on Roberto Luongo. The man is a god among insects.

mattsey9 10-06-2006 03:34 PM

The Hawks are on a pace to score over 600 goals this season!! It still doesn't sound right without Pat Foley behind the microphone.

Triumph36 10-06-2006 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Carolina Hurricanes are going to do another banner-raising on Friday night against New Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

how brutal that in the first game of the season, Devils fans have to not only see the team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year, but watch them raise their Stanley Cup banner.....maybe it'll get Gionta and the boys fired up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch them raise it again, no less - I wonder if they'll do it when Montreal and Edmonton come to town too.

With Elias as the new captain, I think there's no doubt the team will be fired up.