Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brag: Red Sox in the World Series (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529583)

En Passant 10-24-2007 11:28 AM

Re: Brag: Red Sox in the World Series

[ QUOTE ]
so much better than the NL that the Rockies would be lucky to get to a sixth game against any of the Indians, Sox, or Yankees and the same would be true of the Angels if they'd been healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if the AL is 100 times better than the NL. The Rockies have been the hottest team in the playoffs and they have had a lot of days to rest, which historically is a huge advantage. The Rockies also took two out of three from the Sox this year.

Also, the yankee fans making the argument aout how many world series they have... who cares, the redsox are better than you right now. Both teams have a high payroll and both teams have the luxary of purchasing talent.

badblood44 10-24-2007 11:41 AM

Minor detail: Schilling originally came up in the Red Sox organization and was traded to Baltimore in 1988 in the Mike Boddicker deal.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/...01.shtml#TRANS

So home grown? Maybe.

davidlong14 10-24-2007 12:28 PM

v.v.v.v. niiiiiiiiiicccce!

DoTheMath 10-24-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Red Sox in the World Series... Thanks to poker...

[/ QUOTE ] I'm confused. How did poker help the Red Sox get into the World Series?
Oh, I know - the umps were up all night playing poker, so they were too bleary-eyed to make the correct calls in the last game of the ALCS.

Xaston 10-24-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I'm confused. How did poker help the Red Sox get into the World Series?
Oh, I know - the umps were up all night playing poker, so they were too bleary-eyed to make the correct calls in the last game of the ALCS.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of two things can be concluded from this post.

A) Your reading comprehension stinks.
B) Your sense of humor stinks.

Pudge714 10-24-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That prospect in Hanley Ramirez who is better than Lowell and Beckett. Also if the Yanks weren't retarded and used there prospects well starting Hughes and Joba they would have been the best team in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anibal Sanchez says "blow me."

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I was thinking about including him, but have no idea how he played this year and didn't want him to include him and someone make a post LOLZ he sucks, etc.

budblown 10-24-2007 03:18 PM

Any boston fans care to make a wager on the series?

DoTheMath 10-24-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused. How did poker help the Red Sox get into the World Series?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to seven things can be concluded from this post.

A) Your reading comprehension stinks.
B) Your sense of humor stinks.
C) You're a disgruntled Cleveland fan.
D) You are less of a Bosox fan than I am.
E) You really know how to abuse an ellipsis.
F) You're a former umpire.
G) Your sense of humour stinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

At least three of your conclusions are correct.

And he was safe at second!

srsly, tho - lighten up...
and have a great time at the game.

Edited for spelling...
and reading comprehension.

drexah 10-24-2007 04:02 PM

sick! if i had been playing seriously more than the past couple months i definitely would of went.

GO SOX.

HSB 10-24-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so much better than the NL that the Rockies would be lucky to get to a sixth game against any of the Indians, Sox, or Yankees and the same would be true of the Angels if they'd been healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if the AL is 100 times better than the NL. The Rockies have been the hottest team in the playoffs and they have had a lot of days to rest, which historically is a huge advantage. The Rockies also took two out of three from the Sox this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Rockies are hot because they played the Diamondbacks who should have finished fourth.

Let me put it this way. The Rockies outscored their opposition by about a hundred runs. The Red Sox outscored their opposition by about two hundred.