Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   How much can Tiger benchpress? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469290)

Idiotex 08-13-2007 09:56 AM

Re: How much can Tiger benchpress?

He is wearing a medium shirt to look jacked? Are you for real? Do you think this would actually be one of Tiger's priorities?

Also, LMAO at whoever thinks Vijay couldn't bench much. For a start, he used to be a bouncer. For second, he's not exactly small. And thirdly, he has an extensive workout schedule.

And to whoever said they are skinny weeds on tour, the last time I was out there I was amazed at how buffed some of the guys were (relative to my perception.. I don't mean they look like weight lifters).

guids 08-13-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is wearing a medium shirt to look jacked? Are you for real? Do you think this would actually be one of Tiger's priorities?

Also, LMAO at whoever thinks Vijay couldn't bench much. For a start, he used to be a bouncer. For second, he's not exactly small. And thirdly, he has an extensive workout schedule.

And to whoever said they are skinny weeds on tour, the last time I was out there I was amazed at how buffed some of the guys were (relative to my perception.. I don't mean they look like weight lifters).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to hammer the point home that there is a huge difference in training styles depending on what your goals are. You can pour everything you have into your workouts, workout all the time, really hard, etc, but if you goal is flexibility and stamina, you arent necessarily going to be too strong, and conversely if you arent training specifically for stamina etc and rather strength, you arent going to have tons and tons of stamina. Im not saying that none fo these guys arnet training for strength gains, but their trainer would be crazy to put them on a routine that would get them strong enough to bench 300+, becuase their goals should be aimed somewhere else becuase of the specific sport they are playing.

saying vijay is a bouncer and relating that to strength is a joke.

I wonder if tiger wears smaller shirts to look good...like if he had a PR guy saying to wear tight shirts, that would be hilaaaarious.

FocusedOne 08-13-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Nike that said that Tiger wears Medium shirts most of the time that he is playing. They also said it was in an effort to show off his physique. I will look for the statement....

And I have had friends who have worked as bouncers at one point or another and it by no means translates to strength - they may have been big but couldn't bench much at all.

Tyler Durden 08-13-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

To be fair I didn't even read the thread and don't plan to. It just seems like an odd thing to have 30+ replies to. What next, "Does Vijay drink regular or decaf?", or "Will Jim Furyk's kids end up bald like him?"?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend's cousin said he heard Vijay say that he hates the taste of coffee.

Also, the balding gene skips a generation so Furyk's kids should be in the clear.