Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

futuredoc85 08-30-2007 10:12 PM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

ya sorry i keep starting to post and then watching the game so i missed that

Gregatron 08-30-2007 10:21 PM

It's cool.

Here is something I was wondering. I thought the ball went into the endzone for a touchback. Is it better for LSU to challenge if this were the case, or to take the ball on the 1 to practice this in a real game situation with the game well in hand? (Might seem like a dumb question, but the answer is not obvious for me.)

EDIT: questions need question marks.

RunDownHouse 08-30-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's their schedule, pick the 6 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Richmond, Ole Miss, Eastern Michigan, Miami

I think they win 2 of UGA,UK,WF,Bama.
It's a tough schedule though so certainly no lock.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically this is what I'd post, although I'm not so high on SC so I think they've got a shot there as well.

Like I said, its not like any Vandy fan is looking for a top 25 ranking. Just going to a bowl would be great, and from everything I've heard this year's team should be as good if not better than '05's, when a missed 30-yd FG was all that kept them and Cutler from it.

futuredoc85 08-30-2007 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's cool.

Here is something I was wondering. I thought the ball went into the endzone for a touchback. Is it better for LSU to challenge if this were the case, or to take the ball on the 1 to practice this in a real game situation with the game well in hand? (Might seem like a dumb question, but the answer is not obvious for me.)

EDIT: questions need question marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

esp. given the penetration MSU has gotten at times tonight and the amount of time left in the game when it happened, LSU would def. have challenged it had they felt it went in. Maybe w/ the same amt of time left in the 4th they wouldnt challenge it, but it would be more to keep from prolonging the game than to practive beig pinned against the goal line.

futuredoc85 08-30-2007 10:38 PM

i cannot fathom why henig is still in this game

Gregatron 08-30-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's getting the hook. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Glad to see Perriloux in the game now. Hopefully he can take a few snaps without getting in any trouble. (And I mean arrested.)

futuredoc85 08-30-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's getting the hook. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Glad to see Perriloux in the game now. Hopefully he can take a few snaps without getting in any trouble. (And I mean arrested.)

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i meant b/c he was obv hurt and they have no one capable of running the offense behind him, not b/c he has sucked horribly (although obv he has). Also, Perriloux is a [censored] beast.

Gregatron 08-30-2007 11:09 PM

I would not be surprised if Ryan Perrilloux is not another LSU quarterback to be selected early in the first round. This is assuming he manages to stay out of prison.

MyTurn2Raise 08-30-2007 11:48 PM

Is it scary that many people say a team that won 45-0 against a mediocre road opponent didn't play very well?

Ballzack 08-31-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it scary that many people say a team that won 45-0 against a mediocre road opponent didn't play very well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. And let's be real here, while Miss St. is horrible they are in the SEC and pull SEC caliber talent. I find this win more impressive than the Louisville 73-10 over a high school team.

While I agree LSU didn't play as well as I hoped, I've got the feeling they kept it pretty simple for Matt Flynn's sake as well as not tipping their hat to VT. By the end of the season with the amount of pure talent on this team LSU will be an offensive juggernaut.