Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501886)

Hattifnatt 09-16-2007 02:24 PM

Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

wowow

Parlay Slow 09-16-2007 02:25 PM

ikestoys, TeddyFBI,

How did you guys not lose like 100k to this guy? I don't see how you could ever quit a game where a guy is running at 90% vpip 6-handed.

teddyFBI 09-16-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys, TeddyFBI,

How did you guys not lose like 100k to this guy? I don't see how you could ever quit a game where a guy is running at 90% vpip 6-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're prob right that only having lost 1 buy-in was pretty fortunate -- but he quit after a hundred hands. i would have gladly continued to play him had he not.

p.s. Adanthar: is that the "compilation" of all the doubledrag hhs that have been sent to u?

Pokerlogist 09-16-2007 02:30 PM

Come on. I've seen hero river calls like this before that had nothing do do with "superuser" accounts . The famous texaslimitking one was mentioned already and recently Negreanu vs Stinger has been posted, and srugby mentioned one vs. him for $1m live.
More likely explanations:
1)potripper was simply a rich donk calling station
2)he wasn't paying attention
3)he misclicked
4)he's metagaming
5)he didn't want to be bullied
6)he had a big chip lead and could afford to take a chance to finish the match.

The Doubledrag data is based on a tiny sample from a high variance hyperagg player who simply ran hot. In the long run this type of play will lose tons.

If AP poker wanted to reward someone they could write them check or another hundred ways better than jeopardizing their entire business with a "superuser" account.

RunDownHouse 09-16-2007 02:31 PM

Can some of you guys look over the samples where his river AF is lower and find out why? He shouldn't ever be flat calling, only betting, raising, or folding, right?

Can't remember the AF formula offhand and don't want to use PT's site since its been hacked or whatever.

NoahSD 09-16-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can some of you guys look over the samples where his river AF is lower and find out why? He shouldn't ever be flat calling, only betting, raising, or folding, right?

Can't remember the AF formula offhand and don't want to use PT's site since its been hacked or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he's cheating like everyone says he is, they should only be all in calls. That'd be a nice thing to check.

Madman Madman 09-16-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going for overcalls because the guy betting is bluffing and the guy behind him has a mediocre hand, that would be a good time to flat call.

Parlay Slow 09-16-2007 02:33 PM

I would imagine if some dude just shoves all-in in front of him on the river, all he can do is call. This would contribute to a lowered AF.

DaCooler 09-16-2007 02:33 PM

this is very very bad

Barretboy 09-16-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on. I've seen hero river calls like this before that had nothing do do with "superuser" accounts . The famous texaslimitking one was mentioned already and recently Negreanu vs Stinger has been posted, and srugby mentioned one vs. him for $1m live.
More likely explanations:
1)potripper was simply a rich donk calling station
2)he wasn't paying attention
3)he misclicked
4)he's metagaming
5)he didn't want to be bullied
6)he had a big chip lead and could afford to take a chance to finish the match.

The Doubledrag data is based on a tiny sample from a high variance hyperagg player who simply ran hot. In the long run this type of play will lose tons.

If AP poker wanted to reward someone they could write them check or another hundred ways better than jeopardizing their entire business with a "superuser" account.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you seeing his stats? It's IMPOSSIBLE to have those stats w/o cheating somehow.