Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

Austiger 10-08-2007 02:39 PM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread *DELETED*

bills- you have come down quite a bit on Georgia since our debate yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bills217 10-08-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bills- you have come down quite a bit on Georgia since our debate yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this might come up - allow me to explain.

I wear a different hat in this forum than I do in SB. This forum is a past results-oriented, homer-oriented forum, intended for mostly pointless debates. You're SUPPOSED to be a donk in this forum.

In SB, I wear my past-results-do-not-indicate-future-performance, non-results-oriented, sharp-thinking, $$$-making hat.

Based solely on UGA's recent results, they have no business in Tier 3 in this forum, and belong somewhere in Tier 4. Hope that clarifies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Austiger 10-08-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear a different hat in this forum than I do in SB. This forum is a past results-oriented, homer-oriented forum, intended for mostly pointless debates. You're SUPPOSED to be a donk in this forum.

In SB, I wear my past-results-do-not-indicate-future-performance, non-results-oriented, sharp-thinking, $$$-making hat.

Based solely on UGA's recent results, they have no business in Tier 3 in this forum, and belong somewhere in Tier 4. Hope that clarifies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely understand and agree.

MyTurn2Raise 10-08-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely understand and agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChipWrecked 10-11-2007 04:21 AM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nutt will need to beat Auburn to have a chance to keep his job IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't beat Auburn. The only SEC game we will win this year is at Ole Miss. And after we lose at Auburn, Nutt will definitely be gone after this season. I just feel bad for McFadden. Most talented guy guy in college football but he's on a team that isn't doing crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for DMac as well, he deserves better. But at this point anything that results in Nutt being fired has to be viewed as a plus.

TruFloridaGator 10-11-2007 10:15 AM

I don't understand Mark Richt, all he does is lose to UF & now the East but his track record is still awesome. What happens when he loses to Florida again this year?

UGA always starts the season with 1 loss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We discussed it earlier this year but I think his seat is really heating up now after the UT game.

TruFloridaGator 10-11-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nutt will need to beat Auburn to have a chance to keep his job IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't beat Auburn. The only SEC game we will win this year is at Ole Miss. And after we lose at Auburn, Nutt will definitely be gone after this season. I just feel bad for McFadden. Most talented guy guy in college football but he's on a team that isn't doing crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for DMac as well, he deserves better. But at this point anything that results in Nutt being fired has to be viewed as a plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so much for his Heisman [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 10-11-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand Mark Richt, all he does is lose to UF & now the East but his track record is still awesome. What happens when he loses to Florida again this year?

UGA always starts the season with 1 loss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We discussed it earlier this year but I think his seat is really heating up now after the UT game.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah...he still has more time
he has tons of young talent in place
they are going to be beasts in the trenches, maybe as soon as next year

If he had two more seasons of mediocrity...good bye
but, I think he gets through Stafford's senior year

mmbt0ne 10-11-2007 04:48 PM

Yeah, Richt is completely safe. The fanbase loves him. I mean, come on, he's a good Christian, has a nice tan, adopts retarded Russian babies and his wife serves the players water on the sideline!!

However, the fanbase loves to hate whoever the coordinators are at the time. Willie Martinez is public enemy #1 right now, and Mike Bobo is only a step behind.

barryc83 10-13-2007 04:24 PM

Alabama lol. Seriously, our defense is sooooooooooooooo terrible. I'd like to personally thank whoever calls plays for Ole Miss for abandoning the run for the majority of the 4th quarter. Benjarvus was eating us up and you stopped giving him the rock, tyvm. They got a TD from a third and goal @ the 17 YL on our best defensive player. Can we hurry up and get Saban's recruits plz?