Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *official 2007 red sox thread* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357666)

NT! 05-20-2007 08:56 PM

Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just found out today that Youk is not on the All star ballot. We're going to have to start a write-in campaign Sox fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, uh, there's probably a good reason he's not on the All-Star ballot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Among full-time AL first basemen:

NAME AVG OPS HR RBI

Swisher .283 .906 6 HR 21 RBI
Morneau .275 .904 11HR 25 RBI
Garko .328 .904 6 HR 15 RBI
Youkilis .327 .899 5 HR 22 RBI
Texeira .286 .861 6 HR 23 RBI

Carlos Pena and Dan Johnson have also been great.

I know, I know, RBI and AVG aren't that important, etc etc. But it's what fans vote for. No doubt Youkilis belongs on the ballot (although I'm pretty sure Swisher and Morneau will both put some distance between themselves and Youk, he is going to cool off... but right now he is playing awesome.)

BTW while checking these numbers I noticed that Ryan Garko is available in my fantasy league, sweet!

sublime 05-20-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just found out today that Youk is not on the All star ballot. We're going to have to start a write-in campaign Sox fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, uh, there's probably a good reason he's not on the All-Star ballot.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as that 'good reason' isnt actual performace of AL 1B to date, then yeah im sure its a great reason.

youkilis has been the best 1B in the AL according to VORP season to date.

kyleb 05-20-2007 11:50 PM

Funny, I don't recall VORP being a stat mentioned on the ballots.

(Furthermore, you're wrong - Dan Johnson is.)

sublime 05-21-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i am in fact correct as VORP hasnt been updated for today yet.

so please englighten me to the 'good reason' aubrey huff, ty wiggington, sean casey and ryan shealy are on the ballot but the most productive 1B this season (and top 10 last year) isnt.

Scary_Tiger 05-21-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i am in fact correct as VORP hasnt been updated for today yet.

so please englighten me to the 'good reason' aubrey huff, ty wiggington, sean casey and ryan shealy are on the ballot but the most productive 1B this season (and top 10 last year) isnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... because there isn't a better player to be put on the ballot at First Base on the ballot for their team?

NT! 05-21-2007 12:23 AM

look, youks not being on the ballot isn't a grave injustice or anything, it's not like it's going to be all that close even if he is on it, but the guy is having a really good year so far and in a perfect world he'd be on the ballot. kyle you were probably just talking out of your ass and didn't realize youkilis was among the most productive 1B in the league, you were wrong, oh well.

Scary_Tiger 05-21-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look, youks not being on the ballot isn't a grave injustice or anything, it's not like it's going to be all that close even if he is on it, but the guy is having a really good year so far and in a perfect world he'd be on the ballot. kyle you were probably just talking out of your ass and didn't realize youkilis was among the most productive 1B in the league, you were wrong, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the good reason is so that Ortiz can be on the ballot. In '04, Kevin Millar was on the ballot ahead of Ortiz. Ortiz was a selection by Torre I think.

sublime 05-21-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the good reason is so that Ortiz can be on the ballot. In '04, Kevin Millar was on the ballot ahead of Ortiz. Ortiz was a selection by Torre I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not a 'good' reason....its retarded actually as ortiz hasnt played an inning at 1B all year.

whatever though, i despise the all star game anyways.

NT! 05-21-2007 12:32 AM

tiger, you are citing all these 'good reasons' that are basically just based on AS game rules that aren't very good in the first place.

kyleb 05-21-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tiger, you are citing all these 'good reasons' that are basically just based on AS game rules that aren't very good in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are good reasons in the context of the All-Star voting ballot records. Which shouldn't matter to anyone considering the AS game is a joke.