Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-30-2006 06:02 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

is that a serviced apartment? if so, you can get a big discount if you rent a regular place and sign 6mo lease.

09-30-2006 06:37 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

09-30-2006 06:41 PM

KJS 09-30-2006 06:52 PM

I used to make American breakfast once in a while. You can get everything but good bread. But it will cost you the equivalent of 5 plates of fried rice.

KJS

octopi 09-30-2006 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stayed at Broken Bottle beach

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Oct,

How was that? I've heard some great things but still haven't made it over there. How long did it take to get to Hat Rin? Can you get bungalows in the sand right on the beach? Any bars or anything over there?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was gorgeous, if overfilled. While I enjoyed my stay, I think I would have preferred going at another time. There were good food options. Getting there was a baht bus from the ferry dock or a longtail. The roads were all washed out, it was 6am and places were filling up (this was four days prior to the party) Instead of waiting for the roads to improve like everyone else we (people I met on the hellish night ferry) 'risked' it and got the longtail, which was a bit pricey.

I do NOT remember where I stayed. It was nice, decent electricity coverage. A bit more than other places I stayed in Thailand and they had the Net. I stayed next to a French couple in their late 30s with a 10 year old daughter. I saw them swimming naked at Haad Rin during the party [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhow, on the way out I took the bahtbus and it was a terrible ride (by western standards. my next leg of the trip was Cambodia and the roads on Phangan were silk in comparison. i think there is an actual asphalt road now, but check on that...)

Overall, the bottle beach was nice (one of the nicest on the island,i think), but not worth the cost for arriving early. I also like activities during down time; all I remember was hiking to the next beach over and lots of drinking.

09-30-2006 07:15 PM

octopi 09-30-2006 07:35 PM

Any good tailor recommendations? Mostly looking for replica items or stuff off of pictures, none of this "forty dresses in twenty four hours" business.

09-30-2006 07:37 PM

Lothario 09-30-2006 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one caveat to that is that some don't like black ppl

[/ QUOTE ]

So if your black the chances of [censored] beautiful thai girls goes down significantly? Or is it something else?
For example a Black guy goes to thailand with lots of money to blow, he'll still have a great time right?

09-30-2006 08:21 PM