Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467563)

Fallen Hero 08-24-2007 01:04 AM

Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
Fallen Hero posting just reminded me.

In Portugeese is the J pronounced like it is in Spanish or like a J in English?

[/ QUOTE ]

more like the english version, although english fans completely butcher the Jo part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KJS 08-24-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ManU are the scum. Always will be. The reasons for this are many and obvious.

Also I dont know any football fan that doesnt depise Ashley Cole, I mean his "Arsenal disrespected me by offering 55k a week instead of 60k so I'm going to Chelsea where I'll get respected and 100k a week" speech makes me want to smack him repeatedly

Also I just found this thread and will try and join in. I'm a Villa fan so pile on the jokes now before we storm up the league!

[/ QUOTE ]

Villa is not my favorite team but I like them. I think Carew is class albeit over the hill now and Gareth Barry is excellent. Plus I am from Cleveland so the Art Lerner angle intrigues me. If only O'Neill was a Republican instead of from the North.

KJS

TheRover 08-24-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fallen Hero posting just reminded me.

In Portugeese is the J pronounced like it is in Spanish or like a J in English?

[/ QUOTE ]

more like the english version, although english fans completely butcher the Jo part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes it sounds like people pronounce it like CHO-say, is this more accurate? maybe that isn't the right way to describe it, but the J sound is different from the name Joe in the example I'm talking about.

ThaSaltCracka 08-24-2007 01:37 AM

seriously, Fallen Hero, how do you pronounce Julio? Jew-lio? Who-lio?

One is right.

ThaSaltCracka 08-24-2007 01:39 AM

SInce there is no other place to post this, I went to my local clubs last home game of the season, the mighty Portland Timbers of the USL first division. 16,000 people in attendence. It was thirsty thursdays, so beers were half price. Regular swill like Miller was $2, primo micros and imports were $3.50. I choose Bass Pale, my broham picked Newcastle.

Anywho, the crowd was batshit insane, of course. We won 1-0 on a cracking volley. [censored] yeah, playoffs here we come. [censored] MLS!

Fallen Hero 08-24-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, Fallen Hero, how do you pronounce Julio? Jew-lio? Who-lio?

One is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

jew-lio
therover, the cho sound you're talking about is the probably the spanish version a mixture between cho and ho

fatshaft 08-24-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the [censored] would anyone hate drogba?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea why, ideas???

[/ QUOTE ]He's a diving scumbag like Gerrard and Robben.

fatshaft 08-24-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from 95 I don't recall Cantona being that hated. That was more of a phase, like Beckham in 98. I think a lot of people even find that incident hilarious in hindsight. Keane was probably more unpopular, particularly after his book came out. Cole is easily as hated, even Chelsea fans think he's a wanker.

[/ QUOTE ]medgar, you're right. king is wrong on this, Cantona wasn't that unpopular a player. His play was at times breathtaking and grudgingly admired by most. It appears King is a fan of the scum (that's the real scum - Liverpool) so I can understand his resentment.

fatshaft 08-24-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ManU are the scum. Always will be. The reasons for this are many and obvious.

Also I dont know any football fan that doesnt depise Ashley Cole, I mean his "Arsenal disrespected me by offering 55k a week instead of 60k so I'm going to Chelsea where I'll get respected and 100k a week" speech makes me want to smack him repeatedly

Also I just found this thread and will try and join in. I'm a Villa fan so pile on the jokes now before we storm up the league!

[/ QUOTE ]

Villa is not my favorite team but I like them. I think Carew is class albeit over the hill now and Gareth Barry is excellent. Plus I am from Cleveland so the Art Lerner angle intrigues me. If only O'Neill was a Republican instead of from the North.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]KJS, I'm presuming you mean Catholic rather than protestant? If so, please keep the Old Firm bigotry out of it. And fwiw you're wrong anyway, O'Neill is a Northen Irish Catholic.

The once and future king 08-24-2007 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aside from 95 I don't recall Cantona being that hated. That was more of a phase, like Beckham in 98. I think a lot of people even find that incident hilarious in hindsight. Keane was probably more unpopular, particularly after his book came out. Cole is easily as hated, even Chelsea fans think he's a wanker.

[/ QUOTE ]medgar, you're right. king is wrong on this, Cantona wasn't that unpopular a player. His play was at times breathtaking and grudgingly admired by most. It appears King is a fan of the scum (that's the real scum - Liverpool) so I can understand his resentment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only MU fans would think Cantona wasnt totally hated by all. He is the most arrogant player to have ever played in the EPL, we are talking about someone who would pop their collar on purpose and whos goal celebration was to stride around with their chest pumped out. He is also easily the most pretentious player, considering himself an intellectual who would make ham fisted retarded pseudo philosophical statements on a regular basis.Douche. Did I mention him karate kicking an opposing fan yet? 10 month ban ftw.

Also lol at you thinking I am an un official scum supporter. Are you even reading this thread?