Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [cheese] thread: OCT (nc) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512486)

wrschultz 10-03-2007 10:08 PM

Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: OCT (nc)

And this is why you don't fold KK for 100bb.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $169.00
BB: $251.80
Hero (UTG): $210.00
CO: $505.55
BTN: $200.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, <font color="red">BTN raises to $32.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $88.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $210.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $122.00

Flop: ($461) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($461) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($461) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $461.00 ($2 Rake)

BB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$210.00)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$249.00)

blackize 10-03-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it worth it to do the Iron Man thing at FT? If I know that I'd be playing enough to be Iron Man status should I? I don't really know what the benefits are but I'm assuming most of the benefits are deducted from RB so I'm curious if anyone here does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that most of the Iron Man prizes aren't deducted from your MGR directly. If you choose the Iron Man freeroll, your equity gets deducted. If you choose medals and spend them on bonuses, the bonus is deducted. But if you spend the medals on more store points or tournament tokens I don't think they deduct it from your MGR.

Although, obviously the points get deducted after you spend them.

carnivalhobo 10-03-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is it worth it to do the Iron Man thing at FT? If I know that I'd be playing enough to be Iron Man status should I? I don't really know what the benefits are but I'm assuming most of the benefits are deducted from RB so I'm curious if anyone here does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that most of the Iron Man prizes aren't deducted from your MGR directly. If you choose the Iron Man freeroll, your equity gets deducted. If you choose medals and spend them on bonuses, the bonus is deducted. But if you spend the medals on more store points or tournament tokens I don't think they deduct it from your MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so everything is deducted

adamw005 10-03-2007 10:40 PM

Can anyone figure out how many hands it would take at 1/2nl on stars to earn 61,000 Base VPPs? I want to figure out how many hands i need to put in on stars to earn the milestone reward, and if it's worth it.

thac 10-03-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so everything is deducted

[/ QUOTE ]

Except tournament tokens (unless they don't meet the guarantee)

blackize 10-03-2007 10:42 PM

Tokens and tournament entires aren't I think. It's still worth opting in to even if you only get points since you can order items take the 27% of their value hit on your RB and then unload on ebay. Or you get items you want for 27% of their actual cost.

luckybacon 10-03-2007 10:42 PM

so far 9700 ish hands for me this month 5451 base vpps

shpanko 10-03-2007 10:42 PM

so what do we think is the Iron Man thing worth it? I guess maybe it depends on how good you are at donkaments perhaps? Still don't know what I think about all this

hotbacon 10-03-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone figure out how many hands it would take at 1/2nl on stars to earn 61,000 Base VPPs? I want to figure out how many hands i need to put in on stars to earn the milestone reward, and if it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

rough estimate, but from my experience you need to play about 2x as many hands per VPP. So ~120k hands. i could be off tho.

Keyser. 10-03-2007 10:44 PM

so people who play a lot of hands get marked with an icon by their avatar? that is pretty dumb