Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars VIP Wild speculation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291750)

chezlaw 10-31-2007 12:00 AM

Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would this be at the same % of rake but just with a higher max rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

If so...interesting. I'd probably support this as it would probably mean that it would take me about 200 fewer hours to reach SNE next year, and this is probably worth the net $5-7/hr loss in my win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this plan [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Alobar 10-31-2007 12:19 AM

uh, wtf, someone explain to me why you would play on a higher rake table just to get more rakeback. This reminds me of the idiots who were excited when party raised their rake, because now they would get more in rakeback every month

or am I missing something?

chezlaw 10-31-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh, wtf, someone explain to me why you would play on a higher rake table just to get more rakeback. This reminds me of the idiots who were excited when party raised their rake, because now they would get more in rakeback every month

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't.

MyTurn2Raise 10-31-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sethypooh21 10-31-2007 05:17 AM

SNE would be worth much more to me then the extra 7-8k this would cost me over the course of the year. And it's possible that these games might actually turn out to be really juicy based on the responses so far.

Scottyy 10-31-2007 06:38 AM

-----Also, consider the fact that these tables would be made up of primarily players going for Elite

What about the 10,000 players chasing SilverStar VIP?

Henry17 10-31-2007 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rakeback is a set percentage so of course it makes no sense to pay higher rake since the ratio of rake payed to reward is fixed. With VPPs that isn't the case. The Stars program is a bit top heavy so it might be worth it.

Henry17 10-31-2007 06:57 AM

If it is the same % but just a higher max I'd play them if available in full ring limit.

1p0kerboy 10-31-2007 07:54 AM

This is a bad idea.

Stars would have to deal with the negative publicity across all of the message boards, etc. of their "increase in rake" and "attempt to roll it into a promotion to trick the masses".

After crunching some more numbers, including the milestone bonuses and tournament packages for those making Elite, this would actually be slightly +EV for them. But everyone else would just simply be paying more rake (as if we don't already pay enough).

Henry17 10-31-2007 07:59 AM

It would only be higher rake at 4-8. The 3-6 and 5-10 would stay the same.

I'm more concerned about your original point of what type of player would these tables attract. While I'd be ok with a high max rake I wouldn't play them if it was all high volume players.