Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Revolution - Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550895)

chim17 11-29-2007 07:24 PM

Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

Epi,

One other thing I don't understand.

You want to keep your night kill quiet.. but you want us to talk about it?

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:25 PM

DrZ,
what i said was that i was in no danger of getting LYNCHED.
there are eighteen players left in this game, surely no more than twelve can be villagers, and three died last night alone. EVERYONE is in danger of dying at night.

You're not clear on the benefit? dude, I have a loaded gun and no idea who to fire it at.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:26 PM

If your claim is right I think you should pick someone that is UTR but that you read is possibly a wolf.

I think talking about it is of negative benefit.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Epi,

One other thing I don't understand.

You want to keep your night kill quiet.. but you want us to talk about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

see my DrZ reply. I need information from the village. I do not want to give information TO the wolves.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:26 PM

For the record, I think I believe you but it doesn't really matter. You aren't a lynch topic anyways so do your thing.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,
what i said was that i was in no danger of getting LYNCHED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know. So why come out? Do you think you are getting NK'd?

[ QUOTE ]
there are eighteen players left in this game, surely no more than twelve can be villagers, and three died last night alone. EVERYONE is in danger of dying at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course we are.

[ QUOTE ]
You're not clear on the benefit? dude, I have a loaded gun and no idea who to fire it at.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is laughably thin. What, you think we're all going to be able to go, well, xxx is the president? Unless we are seers of some sort, how would we have a clue?

At this point, wouldn't a seer come out with the president if they had him?

lastchance 11-29-2007 07:30 PM

If Epi says stuff about who he's killing, he's going to only kill villagers if they got roleblock.

If epi doesn't say anything about who he's killing, wolves are going to auto-roleblock.

So obv, if wolves have roleblock, epi shouldn't say anything.

But if wolves DO NOT have roleblock, then that hurts, because epi might shoot the POWER VILLAGERZ, which would be teh bad thing (though maybe not as bad as I think), and clearly forcing claims is better than not.

Either way, Epi should have probably STFUed and gambled, but w/e.

Right now, he should still STFU and gamble? I dunno.

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 07:30 PM

kristie,

Flirt all you want. I dont care. I was saying that you were flirting INSTEAD of getting involved, discussing, finding wolves, etc.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been using deduction. Normally I would be switching my vote more then once throughout the day along side my opinions, but since I am on in the evening trying to catch up and the first time I did that I was laughed at... I stopped doing it. I'm not big on being made fun of when I obviously know none of the people and am trying to guess.

What would be helpful is if more villagers would correct me by saying stuff like... the guy we lynched is FOS, so you cant really take anything he says into your analysis, but instead I get a reaction that I am bemusing... wtf is wrong with you people?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with you changing your vote and everything to do with the quality of your input. I doubt anyone if going to make fun of you for being wrong. No villager is always right, just some are right more often than others. Honestly, I don't believe you're afraid to be wrong. This isnt your first game of WW.

[ QUOTE ]

I'll try to look through more of todays posts and make general comments on what I think, but can I at least get some direction instead of sarcasm and negativity? If you don't like new players in your circle, why not just lynch me day 1 and get it over with?

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is just flat out not true and kind of offensive.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:30 PM

Zen,

I agree with a lot of points your making but this has to be a villager error. He really didn't have a reason to come out regardless of role.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your claim is right I think you should pick someone that is UTR but that you read is possibly a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do not understand here. I am not grasping why epi would come out. He's not someone who generally asks others to tell him what to think. He has just shown us he has copious notes. If he can't find the president, does he think I can? I'm barely able to skim through the posts each morning. I have some wolf leans, but pick a particular role?

If I had that role, I would take a shot tonight, true. I'd read what people say and decide for myself. I'm not understanding why epi is not doing that.

lastchance 11-29-2007 07:31 PM

BGGers are definitely a lot less gunshy than we are.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do not understand here. I am not grasping why epi would come out. He's not someone who generally asks others to tell him what to think. He has just shown us he has copious notes. If he can't find the president, does he think I can? I'm barely able to skim through the posts each morning. I have some wolf leans, but pick a particular role?

If I had that role, I would take a shot tonight, true. I'd read what people say and decide for myself. I'm not understanding why epi is not doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.. but can you imagine a pro wolf role that comes out today like that? All he does is raise suspicion.

lastchance 11-29-2007 07:33 PM

Screwing up isn't wolfy.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Screwing up isn't wolfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point.

lastchance 11-29-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Screwing up isn't wolfy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. Just being succinct.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Epi says stuff about who he's killing, he's going to only kill villagers if they got roleblock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so us giving him tips is not all that smart, is it? If wolves see that we are targeting a wolf, epi gets stopped. If wolves see that we are targeting a villager, epi maybe doesn't. (If epi had played it a bit more level two... I dunno.)

[ QUOTE ]
If epi doesn't say anything about who he's killing, wolves are going to auto-roleblock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's one reason it's weird to come out if he's telling the truth. At best, he achieves not succeeding in his role; at worst, he gets eaten.

Whoah. Now I get it. Carry on, epi. *taps nose* You are vanillager, running cover for power roles. It just struck me.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:38 PM

DrZ,
how will the wolves see who I'm targeting? I said I wouldn't name my target. Lastchance summed up why.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.. but can you imagine a pro wolf role that comes out today like that? All he does is raise suspicion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he's a wolf.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,
how will the wolves see who I'm targeting? I said I wouldn't name my target. Lastchance summed up why.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you want us to talk about it. Wolves can read what you talk about (unless you do it in supersekrit white writing; apparently, that's unreadable for wolves).

chim17 11-29-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we discuss it it becomes a lot more obvious.

Discussion here is bad.

kristiefix 11-29-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have reasons, let me quote them, one sec

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get you people. One says I don't post enough content, another picks apart anything I do post... and points out a typo as an obvious reason for wolfishness? Is this because I said you seem defensive? You kept yelling serenity now or something... I didn't get it, you just seem way emotionally involved in the game. It isn't an insult, just an observation.

I would think, just as a thought... if there is a seer still, they would have viewed me by now. It is always hard to read a new player, so typically I'll pick one that I can't read for my view. I don't seem to have made anyone's safe list, so viewing me isn't a bad idea; however, lynching me before I try to get a handle on the players is just basically saying you don't want to play with me... I assume this is why you made a case here, but voted lastchance? Or at least I hope that is the case... because I'm not sure what to make of it.

still reading...

also I like the lists of people with opinions next to them, I'll do one of those once I finish reading.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:39 PM

FMX,
with regard to posting my reads, I did that - well, i cribbed from OH largely - earlier today.
if i come up with anything new or see something i should expand on, ill of course post about it.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,

[/ QUOTE ]

But you want us to talk about it. Wolves can read what you talk about (unless you do it in supersekrit white writing; apparently, that's unreadable for wolves).

[/ QUOTE ]

they can see who people suggest. they dont know what weight i give to whos opinion.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kristie,

Flirt all you want. I dont care. I was saying that you were flirting INSTEAD of getting involved, discussing, finding wolves, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Poor Kristie. Professor GT1T is now in session, telling us how we all ought to be good villagers.

Our House 11-29-2007 07:42 PM

Hay Guise,

There is zero chance of me posting any more tonight. We just got back from the eye doctor and he put pupil dialating (or however you spell it) drops in my eyes. Nothing will be visible close up for the next 4-5 hours.

I'm locking MDD today and voting books (if he's alive) tomorrow. If we miss on either of those, JennFox and drzen need to go next.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we discuss it it becomes a lot more obvious.

Discussion here is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm saying. And saying, oh, they don't know who I listen to doesn't change that. They can see which way the wind seems to be blowing. For instance, if we are talking only about three, four villagers, they're like, let him shoot; but if we're talking only about three, four wolves, well, obviously not.

wdcbooks 11-29-2007 07:43 PM

Epi, you can shoot me if you want, but I would strongly prefer you use the bullet that only kills me if I am the President (for obvious reasons). In your position I would shoot at someone who isn't likely to get lynched for some time. I would think the President would be keeping his/her head low and allowing the other wolves to be more active.

Epi is obviously telling the truth here, and I think there is a strong possibility he will get to shoot both bullets as there seemed to be a missed nightkill one night. I assume that I was shot at and protected, but I would expect an angel role to exist in this game. For that reason I like Epi's claim. The wolves probably have to kill him, but they risk getting blocked in the attempt. Then Epi shoots his second bullet and is out of powers. Now the wolves have to choose to kill him, or let him live as a confirmed villager, which is a commodity we need more of.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hay Guise,

There is zero chance of me posting any more tonight. We just got back from the eye doctor and he put pupil dialating (or however you spell it) drops in my eyes. Nothing will be visible close up for the next 4-5 hours.

I'm locking MDD today and voting books (if he's alive) tomorrow. If we miss on either of those, JennFox and OH need to go next.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, Mr McWolfenstein.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:47 PM

books - no matter who i shoot today, im obv using the armour piercing bullet. as to the rest, i hope you're right.

wdcbooks 11-29-2007 07:48 PM

Ok Epi, then don't shoot me. It should be pretty obvious that my days are limited unless I deliver a miracle and I am assuredly not El Presidente.

chim17 11-29-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Epi, then don't shoot me. It should be pretty obvious that my days are limited unless I deliver a miracle and I am assuredly not El Presidente.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bullet isn't President only...

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:53 PM

well, if people think talking about who i should shoot tonight is a bad idea, i guess we'd better talk about who we're lynching today.

[0] Bulletproof Monk
[0] Chim17
[0] drzen
[0] Epicurus voted for MDoranD
[0] FMXDA voted for OurHouse
[0] GetThere1Time voted for Kristiefix
[1] JennFox voted for Kristiefix
[0] jgunnip voted for OurHouse
[1] Kokiri voted for Kristiefix
<font color="red"> [4] Kristiefix </font>
[0] Kyro voted for JennFox
[0] Lastchance
[2] MDoranD voted for Kristiefix
[2] OurHouse voted for MDoranD
[0] Reno expat
[0] Solanthos
[0] tarheeljks
[0] WDCBooks voted for Kokiri

kristiefix 11-29-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howdy. Just got home, I'll read up and post in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"time warp"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I try to warn that it is a time warp because I go back to where I left off from last night and reply to people as I read... so sometimes I comment on stuff that has been cleared up already, etc. Sort of a warning that I haven't read everything yet.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

wdcbooks 11-29-2007 07:54 PM

Well duh, but I don't want to be shot.

I am sure everyone says that.

I was actually just thinking that in the history of POG I don't ever remember a wolf claiming to have peeked another wolf to boost their own credibility, with one exception. That was when Bobo PMed me at the start of a 9 man "check this out", he then came out as seer and named me as the wolf.

So basically were I a wolf I would be in the hallowed company of Bobojedafan as the only guy to use that ruse. Clearly we play similar styles so that would make sense.

drzen 11-29-2007 07:54 PM

This post is turnips top to bottom.

[ QUOTE ]
Epi, you can shoot me if you want, but I would strongly prefer you use the bullet that only kills me if I am the President (for obvious reasons).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very obvious reasons if you're the VP, books.

[ QUOTE ]
In your position I would shoot at someone who isn't likely to get lynched for some time. I would think the President would be keeping his/her head low and allowing the other wolves to be more active.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this depends very much on who the president is, precisely because people will make this level one read.

[ QUOTE ]
Epi is obviously telling the truth here

[/ QUOTE ]

wubblewoo tea eff??

It is far, far from obvious. I'm leaning vanillager running cover, but his story is pretty ridiculous.

This is Epi we're talking about. Man of his own ideas. Big notebook. A guy who is willing to pick over the thread for clues. So he asks other people to tell him who to shoot? Not a chance.

Try to put yourself into the role. Would you come out like that? I wouldn't. I wouldn't be trying to get myself NK'd and I wouldn't be exposing myself.

I lean vanillager but serial killer looking to get "cleared" is also possible.

[ QUOTE ]
and I think there is a strong possibility he will get to shoot both bullets as there seemed to be a missed nightkill one night. I assume that I was shot at and protected, but I would expect an angel role to exist in this game. For that reason I like Epi's claim. The wolves probably have to kill him, but they risk getting blocked in the attempt. Then Epi shoots his second bullet and is out of powers. Now the wolves have to choose to kill him, or let him live as a confirmed villager, which is a commodity we need more of.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? We are confirming him because he says so?

chim17 11-29-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was actually just thinking that in the history of POG I don't ever remember a wolf claiming to have peeked another wolf to boost their own credibility, with one exception. That was when Bobo PMed me at the start of a 9 man "check this out", he then came out as seer and named me as the wolf.

So basically were I a wolf I would be in the hallowed company of Bobojedafan as the only guy to use that ruse. Clearly we play similar styles so that would make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Epi, you can shoot me if you want, but I would strongly prefer you use the bullet that only kills me if I am the President

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just making sure you knew what was going on.

Bulletproof Monk 11-29-2007 07:56 PM

hmmmmmmmmmm

drzen 11-29-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think a wolf has ever thrown another wolf under the bus? And you don't think a relatively powerful wolf would bus a relatively weak one? I mean, wtf, body double is not exactly a cabinet post, is it?

JennFox 11-29-2007 07:57 PM

Zurvan- he was a loyal NSA agent assigned to President Mitchell, he had a one shot ability to kill a disloyal NSA agent. He would die in the attempt but his target would only die if he was correct.

DustinG- he was a disloyal NSA agent, assigned to President Mitchell, he had the power to search for the President and got a peek each night that returned President/not President

Antidan- he was a disloyal NSA agent, assigned to the Vice President Christpher Wilson. Each night he got to peek one other player to determine whether or not they were the Vice President.

CinCity- she was the Revolution Computer Expert. each night she got the full role peek of a player of her choice.

NicholasP27- he was the body double for the Vice President Christopher Wilson. He would be seen by seers as the Vice President and would die instead if the Vice President was targeted for death.

DMK- he was the Revolution Leader Jon Bailey. If he was leading the lynch vote the second leading cadidate would be lynched in his stead. He was also able to communicate with the Revolution Military Leader Bill Franklin outside of the thread at any time.

Metsandfinsfan- he was Benjamin Michaels, Director of the NSA. Each night he could disconnect one person from the NSA computer systems. He knew the identities of the Government roles and was a loyal agent of the Government.

Revolution Soldiers with no special powers- Durron, Chuckleslovakian, Resnick, VoraciousReader, LuckayLuck, FCBLCornish

People left in the game:

Bulletproof Monk
Chim17
drzen
Epicurus
FMXDA
GetThere1Time
JennFox
jgunnip
Kokiri
Kristiefix
Kyro