Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467563)

ThaSaltCracka 08-23-2007 02:56 PM

Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

I have to come clean, I have been giving KDawg a hard time. Even from my incredible noobish experience, I have heard most people refer to Pool as scum. ManU is usually Manure or something like that, or Manc scum, or something, but scum always seems to be Liverpool.

Oski 08-23-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to come clean, I have been giving KDawg a hard time. Even from my incredible noobish experience, I have heard most people refer to Pool as scum. ManU is usually Manure or something like that, or Manc scum, or something, but scum always seems to be Liverpool.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Liverstool" instead. Has a nice ring to it.

The once and future king 08-23-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The once and future king,

Are you American? I think youre wrong here, but Im not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am English. The only reason this is even being debated is because of the high number of yanks in the forum.

The hight of football sophistication is not being able to understand the off side rule it is knowing that MU are the OFFICIAL scum. Frankly not knowing that is a bit embarrassing.

The once and future king 08-23-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the confusion comes about via Liverpool being the un official scum.

medgar 08-23-2007 04:47 PM

We might have been 'the scum' in the 90s but hardly anyone refers to us as that anymore. Chelsea are probably more hated than us by the average fan.

The once and future king 08-23-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We might have been 'the scum' in the 90s but hardly anyone refers to us as that anymore. Chelsea are probably more hated than us by the average fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think we are quite at the epic levels that MU hate reached during the 90s and culminating at the millennium, but that is irrelevant, MU will allways be the official the scum, we will have to be called something else by those misguided enough to support another "team".

The once and future king 08-23-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Manchster United contains all the worlds to Scum, Liverpool FC does not. We could call Liverpool "Poo"

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact all the letters to innate scum, if that dosnt seal it, nothing will.

medgar 08-23-2007 04:57 PM

I think you probably are close to it. Mourinho's maybe not as unpopular as Ferguson was, but A Cole, Lampard, possibly Drogba as well are easily among the most disliked footballers around. Furthermore you have added resentments we never had in that your success was funded by outside means, and your football is nowhere near as attractive as United's is and was.

Sayitloudernow 08-23-2007 05:04 PM

OHHH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

ledders07 08-23-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OHHH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

[/ QUOTE ]

just registered today, i probs wouldn't click it, ( ihaven't)