Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445605)

PokerAce 10-12-2007 10:32 AM

Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to mention that this graph based on over 360k hands takes a little over a minute to completely generate on my PC (in the debug, unoptimized build). However, from the moment it starts loading to the moment it displays on screen, the interface does not stall or lag. You are free to view other data while it is being generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to be sick!

So is this a new product, or will old PT users get some kind of a discount?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major upgrade for PokerTracker. Existing PT owners will get a reduced upgrade cost. We are planning on doing tiered pricing for upgrades. The closer to the release date of PT3 you purchased PT2, the lower the upgrade cost will be.

Hornstar 10-12-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to mention that this graph based on over 360k hands takes a little over a minute to completely generate on my PC (in the debug, unoptimized build). However, from the moment it starts loading to the moment it displays on screen, the interface does not stall or lag. You are free to view other data while it is being generated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major upgrade for PokerTracker. Existing PT owners will get a reduced upgrade cost. We are planning on doing tiered pricing for upgrades. The closer to the release date of PT3 you purchased PT2, the lower the upgrade cost will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I right in saying that if I purchased PT2 18 months ago I will pay more for an upgrade than someone who has purchased it within a month?

jgunnip 10-12-2007 10:36 AM

The graph looks very nice but the scaling could be better. For example keep the grind but only have labels every five grid lines or something. Might make the the 45 degree text more appealing.

PokerAce 10-12-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I right in saying that if I purchased PT2 18 months ago I will pay more for an upgrade than someone who has purchased it within a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You've had 18 months of value from PT2. The new user only got a month of value. It's more fair that the newer user pays less for the upgrade, because he got less value for his original purchase.

NL Newbie 10-12-2007 10:56 AM

Seems very fair to me, nice one!

Support/updates will be free i assume, keeping with the good old PT/PA standard practice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

PokerAce 10-12-2007 11:01 AM

Yes. We plan on a one time purchase/upgrade fee, then all minor (3.x) upgrades and technical support will be free.

NL Newbie 10-12-2007 11:04 AM

Will there be any 4.x versions then ? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] heh

PokerAce 10-12-2007 11:11 AM

If there is, it won't be for several years after the release of 3.

APerfect10 10-12-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be any 4.x versions then ? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] heh

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker has lasted almost 5 years without a major upgrade. I wouldn't worry about version v4.x anytime soon. We are building PT3 correctly so it should last for several years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,

APerfect10

Victor 10-12-2007 12:25 PM

3bet% by position and relative position.
4bet%
5bet%

3bet and 4bet% vs ME.

squeeze% by position and number of callers.

cbet flop (multiway and hu)
cbet turn
cbet river

fold to flop/turn/river cbet in position and oop